CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

This is the only rule we’ve been found guilty of breaking. Just an administrative issue. Fuck all really.

Article 56: Responsibilities of the licensee
The licensee must:
a) cooperate with the licensor and the UEFA Club Financial Control Body in respect of their requests and enquiries;
b) provide the licensor and the UEFA Club Financial Control Body with all necessary information and/or relevant documents to fully demonstrate that the monitoring requirements are fulfilled, as well as any other document requested and deemed to be relevant for club monitoring decision-making, by the deadline set by the licensor and/or the UEFA administration (the reporting entity or combination of entities in respect of which information is required must be the same as for club licensing);
c) confirm that all the submitted documentation and information are complete and accurate;
d) promptly notify the licensor in writing about any subsequent events that constitute a significant change to the information previously submitted to the licensor, including a change of legal form or legal group structure.

Nick Harris is telling everyone we breached ffp and I pointed out it was the above. I was blocked in seconds.

Sheffield United can have Aguero on loan until the end of the season as far as I care, will jizz my knickers if they got 4th. It’s hard to stay strong to your beliefs when the peer pressure is there.

Burnely in particular can get fucked, racist backwards imbeciles.
The rags are under massive pressure tonight, Chelsea & Leicester have opened the door, but we’ve just put our foot behind it! Southampton will go there full of confidence

An English club successfully appeals against a dodgy organisation and parts of the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation are crying about it. As usual imagine all the same facts being applied to a team in red and how would our media treat it? Dancing in the streets not to mention rockets all over the place
Next news I want to hear is United failing to finish in CL places by narrowest of margins.
If City win the trophy does the 5th place team get in?

Dan Roan and others have been quick to quote from the UEFA statement as though it is what CAS said. No it isn't: on the substantive charges the CAS verdict is very clear, they were either out of time or not established. The fine is entirely about lack of cooperation with UEFA, which to my mind just showed we are a proud club that won't take any shit.

BREAKING NEWS: David Conn is still a twunt:

David Conn has said: "It is a surprise, but knowing some things that we know, we can understand how this has come about. It's more complicated than it looks.

"It is a major victory for Manchester City and it is a big blow for Uefa, and their structures. Uefa's panels are run by distinguished lawyers at the same level as the lawyers that staff the Court of Arbitration for Sport, and it [the verdict] is not really saying that Uefa got it completely wrong.

"But it's finding that City obstructed their investigation and failed to cooperate with it. It's still quite a serious finding against a major football club."

The fine has pissed me off a bit. Let's be honest, if someone is trying to fuck you over, you don't cooperate and help them do it. Especially when they're doing it illegally.
I really hope they go after them now.
We had admitted as much that we weren't going to comply with UEFArce's investigation because the relationship between the two parties had disintegrated. Perhaps CAS had to suggest a fine was still relevant.

So I don't want to get caught up in conspiracy chat, but I will say this case has really thrown up some mega problems in contemporary sports journalism. It was always a highly specific and complex case, and almost every major paper has been reporting on it based on feelings rather than a technical understanding of the accusations and responses. I don't think I've once seen someone say 'they're being prosecuted for something they've already been punished for, and the evidence that this should be retried is very, very light'.

With Modern journalism truth,and facts are minor inconveniences.

Not just with Sports.

All of it,politics is even worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.