Salty reactions from other fans and the media

oman0115

I've been having a right laugh this morning listening to the tears of other fans and journalists, can we have a thread dedicated to laughing at their pain?

I liked this comment from RAWK;

''Can't we just create another breakaway English league and just not invite these criminals?''

I've been having a right laugh this morning listening to the tears of other fans and journalists, can we have a thread dedicated to laughing at their pain?

I liked this comment from RAWK;

''Can't we just create another breakaway English league and just not invite these criminals?''

I thought they were Scouse, not English.

Besides, the only convicted criminals are them.

I don't understand the vitriol, we were cleared by an independent panel! There's some strange folk about, most of them seem to gravitate towards teams that play in red. Someone should look in to that.

The point is, they don't care about fairness, where was the outrage when the Rags under Bacon spent all that money plucking the best players from their competitors, where is the vitriol at the spending Liverpool made on VVD and Allison? They don't care about FFP, They wanted City buried and it hasn't happened.

The point is, they don't care about fairness, where was the outrage when the Rags under Bacon spent all that money plucking the best players from their competitors, where is the vitriol at the spending Liverpool made on VVD and Allison? They don't care about FFP, They wanted City buried and it hasn't happened.

Spot on mate. It was never about fairness for a lot of people, they just wanted to see something have a negative impact on City.

The following are extracts from an article published by The Guardian in April 2019:

Standard Chartered fined $1.1bn for money-laundering and sanctions breaches
Standard Chartered has been ordered to pay $1.1bn (£842m) by US and UK authorities to settle allegations of poor money-laundering controls and breaching sanctions against countries including Iran.

The British bank has agreed to pay $947m to American agencies, including the US Department of Justice, over allegations that it violated sanctions against a string of countries including Iran.

Separately, it was fined £102m by the Financial Conduct Authority for anti-money-laundering breaches that included “shortcomings” in its counter-terrorism finance controls in the Middle East. It is the second-largest fine ever imposed by the UK regulator for anti-money-laundering failures.

The US treasury department said the latest fines settled “apparent violations” of sanctions imposed against Burma, Zimbabwe, Cuba, Sudan, Syria, and Iran.

US assistant attorney general, Brian Benczkowski, said: “Today’s resolution sends a clear message to financial institutions and their employees: if you circumvent US sanctions against rogue states like Iran – or assist those who do – you will pay a steep price.”

The Financial Conduct Authority had raised concerns about anti-money-laundering controls at Standard Chartered’s UK-based correspondent bank and its United Arab Emirates branches. It highlighted “serious shortcomings” in customer due diligence and said the bank also failed to ensure its UAE branches applied proper counter-terrorist financing controls.

The FCA gave examples where a customer was able to open an account by handing over around 3m UAE dirham (£500,000) in cash in a suitcase, with little evidence that the source of the cash was investigated. It also said Standard Chartered failed to collect sufficient information on a customer exporting goods that could have a “military application” to regions involved in armed conflict.

It said Standard Chartered processed transactions worth $438m between 2009 and 2014, the majority of which involved Iran-linked accounts from its Dubai branch routing payments through, or to, its New York office or other US-based banks.

The Rawkites just don't do hypocrisy, do they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.