Summer Transfers

you don’t have to reveal your identity. Give the info you have. If it proves to be true, people will deem You a credible itk.

Someone who generally has info would not be looking for validation on a fans forum.

You will get people who from time to time get info (I knew about Laporte from a contact early on, however it was the time he didn’t sign (changed his mind)).

You will get others who have built up the reputation by providing information over a time period, but it is always a post and upto other people if they believe it or not.

Anyone who argues about it, is not. Trust me, I’m a ITK on this :-)

- Koulibaly
- Digne
- Ake
- Torres

That'd do me. Mendy becomes second-choice LB, Zinchenko gets sold. Otamendi and Stones, sold. Back line becomes Digne - Laporte - Koulibaly - Walker. I can see why Auoar to replace Gundogan and a hungry young striker would help, but LB and CB are the positions which need re-thinking, not just could do with one.

We should invest in a lot of pace on our forward lines and fullback positions. To that end, the likes of

Ismailla Sarr
Mousa Diaby
Erlin Halaand
Aschraf Hakimi

Are all welcome :)

To that

Torres
Aourar
Koulibaly

City are moving quickly, this is going to be a fantastic window upcoming, with also a left back and back up centre back on the radar , but these 3 are sounding like they will be confirmed Not long after the window is open in a couple of week .

Surprised we are interested Aourar. By the sounds of it he like a younger gundogan? So are we going to have KBB, Foden, Bernardo, Aourar as forward CMs? Then Rodri and Gundo as the defensive midfielders then Ferna next year as 3rd choice DM and 4th/5th choice CB?

Ins

Kalidou Koulibaly
Ferran Torres
Houssem Aouar
Jan Vertonghen (LCB and LB cover)
Odsonne Edouard (potential Aguero replacement)

Koulibaly is a powerhouse, has experience playing in a high line and with the ball at his feet. He's right footed but has primarily played on the left side for Napoli so he can cover both positions. At 29, he's older than our typical signings but he is pretty much world class so maybe we make an exception. At his age, he won't really hinder Garcia's or THB's long-term development and progression. THB especially would probably benefit from being mentored by someone like Koulibaly. Koulibaly's leadership qualities would also be a benefit to the club.

Torres is right footed but doesn't really have a 'weaker' foot per se. Has primarily played as a right wing but potentially can play a variety of different positions across the forward line. Quick with good technical ability.

Aouar is a LCM. With David leaving, only Foden is penciled in at that position. KDB and Bernardo are both better as RCM. He is a goal threat with high potential.

Vertonghen is just veteran cover. I remember Txiki saying a month or so ago that teams will mostly be signing their 3rd, 4th or 5th positional targets due to the uncertainty this year in the transfer market. His play has slipped but we can do worse for a guy who'll provide cover at different positions and is PL experienced. I considered Ake for this position too but the only thing he has going for him is youth and the fact he's homegrown other than that I, personally, don't rate him at all. Vertonghen would be a cheap short term option, for now and would allow us to evaluate the position properly in the future.

Edouard is kinda out of the blue target but I really like his game. He is a big, tall guy who can provide something different from our current forwards. I've spoken to a couple of Celtic fans and they feel he's better than Dembele, who they previously had. Blooding in a new striker this upcoming year in case Kun doesnt sign an extension seems to be a good idea. Plus Kun isn't the most durable guy. Edouard is also the type of target that we can go after that doesn't unsettle Gabby.

I'd love to get another LB in but I've been pleasantly surprised with Mendy's overall progression this season. Of course he's had a few bad moments but overall not bad. With that said, I don't really know who we can bring in that can provide healthy competition at the spot. Chilwell is an option but I think he's massively overrated given the fee he might command and think he'll go to Chelsea. Renan Lodi is someone who I like but he has a long-term deal with Atletico. Theo Hernandez is another but he seems to be enjoying playing in Milan. Digne could be an option but I don't see Ancoletti selling him. Nouri (Angers), Mykolenko (Kiev) and Pellegrini (Cagliari on loan from Juve) are other promising young LBs.

My two cents.

Last edited:
Strengthening at left-back is an absolute necessity. Even if we solve all the problems at centre-back, opposition teams would mercilessly exploit our left side. I like Zinchenko, but he just doesn’t have the physical characteristics necessary to play that position against the better opponents. I’d give Mendy one more season to try and prove his worth.

Lucas Digne is a decent option, but he’d no doubt be very expensive. It’s a pity Ricardo Pereira isn’t left footed, because he’d actually be worth braking the bank for. Very few good options for this position...

Torres
Aourar
Koulibaly

City are moving quickly, this is going to be a fantastic window upcoming, with also a left back and back up centre back on the radar , but these 3 are sounding like they will be confirmed Not long after the window is open in a couple of week .
What about Almada? Thought you said that was sorted?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.