#27 | João Cancelo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer he’s here the more often we see flashes of an outstanding fullback. He’s been a lot less solid than Danilo but a lot more exciting in brief spells. I suppose he can learn to become more solid as he gets more attuned to the PL. Worth persevering with.

Wasn't in the side for neither Brighton nor Bournemouth. Believe he was taken off at half time against Newcastle and he hasn't featured since.

I remember, maybe, a week ago Pep was talking about Bernardo and how (I'm paraphrasing) his demeanor and attitude doesn't change even when he isn't selected for a match. Maybe that was a shot at Cancelo.

I haven't read anything about him being injured, not to say he isn't. I have a feeling we might have a deal in place for his departure and don't want him ruining that by getting injured. All speculation on my behalf and only time will tell.

I think he has exceptional quality and if we ever had enough CB cover to play 3 at the back, he would be tremendous as a pure attacking wingback.

Wasn't in the side for neither Brighton nor Bournemouth. Believe he was taken off at half time against Newcastle and he hasn't featured since.

I remember, maybe, a week ago Pep was talking about Bernardo and how (I'm paraphrasing) his demeanor and attitude doesn't change even when he isn't selected for a match. Maybe that was a shot at Cancelo.

I haven't read anything about him being injured, not to say he isn't. I have a feeling we might have a deal in place for his departure and don't want him ruining that by getting injured. All speculation on my behalf and only time will tell.

I think he has exceptional quality and if we ever had enough CB cover to play 3 at the back, he would be tremendous as a pure attacking wingback.

Maybe you are right he might be on his way, he has done alright since the restart and I thought the penny was starting to drop with him. Walker has been a giant of a player last 3 seasons and difficult to get picked ahead of.

The longer he’s here the more often we see flashes of an outstanding fullback. He’s been a lot less solid than Danilo but a lot more exciting in brief spells. I suppose he can learn to become more solid as he gets more attuned to the PL. Worth persevering with.
Not a chance, he is gone, poor signing and clearly Pep does not trust him.

I thought it was maybe a passing dig at Sane but you might be right. Could have been both. I do remember Bernardo recently joking about Cancelo being stroppy all the time.

Hopefully we can sell him for good fee so our net cost of purchasing new RB yet again isn't too high as we need the cash for other positions.

Would be ridiculous if we had to sell him and replace him. But does seem like he is out of favor with Pep.

But considering that Pep apparently wants to strengthen at LB and CB. Signing another RB again would be taking the piss.

I found Couto's recent comments quite interesting about how our plan was originally to loan him, but said he'll be a part of the first team setup next season.

Could well be that we ship off Cancelo and give Couto the back up role. Personally think it's all we need given the reliability of Walker and how important to the team he is. It's what we should have done in the first place with Maffeo before we went and signed Danilo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.