Let’s pick at the carcasses

I did premise what I said with the condition of Koulibaly. ;-)

I don’t disagree with what you say, but last year I really thought we’d go for Ndombele, because we were lacking then what we lack now: legs in the middle that could get from one box to the other. Instead, we went for Rodri. Not by any stretch of the imagination a box-to-box player, but someone who could comfortably fit into the Guardiola system. If we didn’t go for Ndombele last year, I just don’t see us going for similar types of players this year. Do you really?

For what it’s worth, not much!, I’d actually prefer us to be more swashbuckling and open the park up, but I just cannot see that happening. That’s why I see Luiz as the more likely option. He doesn’t need to shuttle up and down the 79 yards, he simply has to sit in front of the two central defenders and act as the fulcrum. He demonstrated that he was more than capable of doing so in the pre-seasons and strikes me as someone who just intuitively gets the system.

I loved Ndombele and think if he would have come here he would be a great, that`s his problem and can blame Aulas for that, love Rodri but i believe Pep has identified where the FA undermined us, with the technical foul and automatic yellow card at least for us, Pace in the center, the ability to slow the opposition without a challenge, Rodri is still going to be our first choice, so whoever comes in is going to have to be flexible

Some of the suggestions in here are laughable !

The only two players from the relegation threatened teams I would take based purely on ability is Grealish and potentially Aarons at Norwich as a back up to Walker. I would even be hesitant about those two. Grealish has question marks based on his attitude and issues off field whilst it's difficult to say how good Aarons actually is due to how bad Norwich have been all season.

I have seen a lot of Douglas Luiz and whilst he has been one of Villa's better players I don't believe he is good enough to be playing at a club that are expected to win every game. If we can buy back and sell on for a profit then yes.

We shouldn't be looking at players in failing teams really- we aren't that club anymore.

I loved Ndombele and think if he would have come here he would be a great, that`s his problem and can blame Aulas for that, love Rodri but i believe Pep has identified where the FA undermined us, with the technical foul and automatic yellow card at least for us, Pace in the center, the ability to slow the opposition without a challenge, Rodri is still going to be our first choice, so whoever comes in is going to have to be flexible

As I always say, there are plenty of minutes to be had for players, and with the continuation of the 5 player substitute rule, the way we have known football is going to change markedly. I reckon we'll see more games in the early part of next season where we attempt to be 3 clear by half-time. That will allow Guardiola to make 3-4 subs before the 55 minute mark and 1-2 later in the game. In turn, teams will really seek to stifle opponents in the first half, as they know that will disrupt rotation and encourage disharmony. Should be fascinating to see how it all develops.

Aulas may be tetchy but I think we may have already had Aouar in the bag last season. Hope he arrives this summer.

As I always say, there are plenty of minutes to be had for players, and with the continuation of the 5 player substitute rule, the way we have known football is going to change markedly. I reckon we'll see more games in the early part of next season where we attempt to be 3 clear by half-time. That will allow Guardiola to make 3-4 subs before the 55 minute mark and 1-2 later in the game. In turn, teams will really seek to stifle opponents in the first half, as they know that will disrupt rotation and encourage disharmony. Should be fascinating to see how it all develops.

Aulas may be tetchy but I think we may have already had Aouar in the bag last season. Hope he arrives this summer.

Now i would take Luiz before Aouar, as i do not think he offers anything that Luis does not do :)

Now i would take Luiz before Aouar, as i do not think he offers anything that Luis does not do :)

Oh, now they're rather different players. Should he sign, Aouar will pick up more of the minutes left by Silva. He's better up the park, more adept at finding that space between the opponent's defensive line and midfield line. He also has a sublime touch and excellent peripheral vision which enable him to play on the half-turn, something which very few players can do.
Nothing wrong with a bit of summer greed, so let's have both. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.