Arsenal FA Cup SF Post-Match Thread

I feel like we are seeing the start of a mini-decline for us. In the way that Chelsea dropped off the pace after being so dominant. And this is WITH Pep. It will be exacerbated when we are without him. The level of investment needed to get back to where we were is vast. We need a huge transfer window.

I feel this is because some of our recruitments haven't reached the standards we thought they would, namely Cancelo and Rodri. Jesus might work hard and people say his scoring rate is good but most forwards rate would be good the amount of chances we create. His problem is he rarely creates much for himself, he can't grab games by the scruff of the neck and win games like great forwards do.

We have given Stones, Otamendi and Mendy far longer here than we should have. Dinho is about 35, David Silva is going and Aguero is a year older.

Going forward we HAVE to get the next set of recruitments right. It's a minimum of three for me, left back, centre half and centre forward. Pep has to be ruthless and cull the deadwood.

On the bright side we have won the league cup this year, more than the majority of teams will win. Forget the champions League no way will this squad win that. In fact on tonight's showing I see Madrid putting us out. All about next season now and if we want to compete again we must get it right.

Pep Guardiola: "We didn't make a good performance. We weren't ready enough and if you don't do that at this level you will be punished. The only regret is we didn't play the first half like we played the second one. That's why we lost

"We have to change a little bit, the set up. We could not do it. I said we have time, we can do it. We change something, the mentality, be aggressive. Be aggressive."

Pep Guardiola on individual mistakes: "It happens, it's football. Mistakes in front of the goal, it happens. Today, that is not the reason [why we lost

"If you don't play for 90 minutes in a semi-final, this can happen. We didn't play good, we are human beings. The opponent played good, sometimes it happens." [via
@ManCity
]

mendy is absolute dross runs like he’s got a hunchback can’t run, defend, slow and hits and hopes his shit crosses... gundogan has been shit for 2 years ( and before i get we won leagues and trophies) united won them with chadwick, may, jones!! so let’s not go there!! city need left back another ch, midfielder and a striker

I’m fucked off yes.

4 months for a game that matters and that’s the performance these ****s put in.

Some of them were lazy as well.
I get it, I just can’t get too upset about it but fuck it, everyone has their own way of dealing with a dire performance.

Fans not having to travel down there, spend money on travel, tickets and then traveling back late at night after seeing this awful City performance is really the one thing that can be mentioned as one of the good things tonight.

Ugh, where do you start?

3 things for me:
1. We pride ourselves on being a well run club but the squad has aged and we haven't recruited well. For a top team to have to play a DM at CH most of the season and to only have 1 fit striker in the run in is terrible
2. We have a lot of gaps to fill in the squad and a truncated pre-season to do it in.
3. Biggest worry is I can't see a plan, or style of play. That's why we were so consistent before. We had a plan that we knew would come together. When I see us spamming the box with crosses like we do at the moment I find it pretty worrying

We've got a great manager though and money to spend, so hopefully it's not a prolonged rebuild

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.