Watford (A) Pre-Match Thread

Watford V City

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After everything we have done to them in recent seasons I actually wouldn't be shocked to see them take points from us or even win.

Their motivation will be huge.
I’d be concerned about picking up injuries in these last two games, would be just our luck to lose Kev, Laporte or Sterling for the CL. But we need to play them all at least once to try and regain some form and rhythm. Difficult balancing act

Frank

Cancelo
Oti
Harwood - Belis
Zinky

Rodney
Foden
Tommy

Merlin
Braaf
FFS

Good opportunity to give playing time to Cancelo, Stones, Otamendi, Zinch, Dinho, Rodri, Foden, Bernardo..We may need any of them in the CL, they must be prepared. The game is not meaningless, wins and rhythm are the best preparation for the CL.
How does changing half the side yet again give rhythm? Specially when some of those you name are also-rans.

We should prepare for the CL with two professional, energetic, winning performances. And we shouldn’t be doing Watford’s relegation rivals a favour by swanning into town like Bertie Big Bollox.

So it’s “no thanks“ to Stones, Ota, Zin and Dinho. If they feature in the CL at all, it should only be for bit parts in a contingency plan.

Yes please to Cancelo, Rodri, Phil and Bernardo because they should be among the serious contenders and fighting for their places.

I still think Pep under-appreciates Cancelo and Phil by only rotating them in when it takes his fancy.

Last edited:
Ederson
Cancelo Stones Fernandinho Zinchenco
Debruyne Rodri Foden
Bernardo Jesus Sterling

How does changing half the side yet again give rhythm? Specially when some of those you name are also-rans.

We should prepare for the CL with two professional, energetic, winning performances. And we shouldn’t be doing Watford’s relegation rivals a favour by swanning into town like Bertie Big Bollox.

So it’s “no thanks“ to Stones, Ota, Zin and Dinho. If they feature in the CL at all, it should only be for bit parts in a contingency plan.

Yes please to Cancelo, Rodri, Phil and Bernardo because they should be among the serious contenders and fighting for their places.

I still think Pep under-appreciates Cancelo and Phil by only rotating them in when it takes his fancy.

Zinchenko will play against Real since Mendy is banned.

I appreciate your general point. Rhythm is needed indeed but also to avoid injuries to key players. One of Stones and Ota should be ready for it is probably naive to think we can reach the final playing Garcia and Laporte all the time. Injuries, fatigue, cards may force the use of other CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.