CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Here’s a section -

As is so often the case, an idea popped into Pep Guardiola’s head and he couldn’t resist saying it. He had been discussing the prospect of facing Watford and Norwich as preparation for Real Madrid when he went off on a tangent to get something off his chest.

It is the kind of comment that will attract plenty of headlines because it is, quite literally and very unapologetically, a lack of respect for another Premier League club.

Guardiola’s tendency to speak his mind has regularly been a problem for Manchester City’s communications department

———

The article does provide some reasonings for the clubs position but it’s the initial portray of Guardiola which I take issue with. It’s been a big issue with the Athletic in how they write about him.

I've only just read the Athletic article so late to this party. I don't see the problem myself apart from your original unfinished quote taking things out of context along Der Spiegel lines.

The article was co-written by Sam Lee and the Arsenal journo. By default some balance almost certainly needed.

Despite this there was a pile-on by Arsenal fans and this well-liked comment by one Arsenal fan was typical.

It feels like this website has turned into a Manchester City propaganda machine. The last 3 articles I've read regarding City are to summarize:

1) Bayern Munich were so mean to them during the Leroy Sane transfer saga. Really really mean. So mean that they hate them forever.

2) It was City vs the world and Pep had every right to verbally murder all of their FFP accusers. City should have free reign to do whatever just because. City have been completely vindicated even though there is nowhere that says such a thing.

3) This nonsense about Arsenal.

That suggests to me Sam Lee is getting it right somewhere.......

A massive piece of shit.

Keramuddin Karim, the former President of the Afghanistan Football Federation, has had his appeal dismissed and his lifetime ban for abusing female footballers upheld.

The Panel said “The offences committed by Keramuudin Karim violated basic human rights and damaged the mental and physical dignity and integrity of young female players. With his appalling acts, he had destroyed not only their careers, but severely damaged their lives. The panel determined that Keramuudin Karim should get the most severe sanction available.”
Its a good job that Boris Johnson hasn't been referred to CAS!

Or as in the case of Liverpool's first European Cup, beating the collective might of :

Crusaders, Trabzonspor, St Etienne, FC Zurich and Borussia Moenchengladbach

Strangely enough,there were pool fans pointing out our easy paths to winning fa cups etc.

Can't remember where I read that tbh.
However points to their legendary lack of awareness again.

Friend told me last night (he knows people in club) that report is being blocked by other clubs because of what it reveals about them.

Sounds unlikely to me, surely other clubs won't have access to it?

Friend told me last night (he knows people in club) that report is being blocked by other clubs because of what it reveals about them.

Would CAS have to get permission from those clubs to release it if it includes details about those clubs?

I don't see how other clubs would have access, nor how they would have any influence over CAS. All they could do is write another letter.

Sounds like wishful thinking to be honest, hoping the verdict has something that will make our rivals look bad in it.

Would be good if it's true though...

Strangely enough,there were pool fans pointing out our easy paths to winning fa cups etc.

Can't remember where I read that tbh.
However points to their legendary lack of awareness again.

I'm yet to find a Liverpool fan with awareness tbh – I don't they exist

Not something I'd have thought of or heard mentioned but interesting if true. I wonder if we name checked Gill or Parry as having links to our close competitors? Parry surely was the source of the 5(at least) leaks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.