Overrated/underrated musicians and bands

For underrated or under appreciated bands, I'd say in this country that Blue Oyster Cult and Jethro Tull fall into that category.

Also, I'd offer up Angel, Starcastle and Starz as even more underrated.
Jethro Tull got a lot of acclaim...rightly so, great band

They were my favourite band up to The Game when they became less and less rock music and more pop shit.

What does everybody see in them? Speaking personally I would say...

one of the best vocalists and front men in the history of music
Excellent musicianship
Superb vocal harmonies
Ability to mix many genres of music
All 4 of them could write good songs
Excellent live

Given all the above I still prefer Led Zeppelin:-)

Queen were a great band; especially early on. I also still prefer Zep.

I will C-19 permitting go and see Queen with Adam Lambert next year: not missed a tour since first seeing them on NOTO tour.

Jethro Tull got a lot of acclaim...rightly so, great band

Tended not to get too much acclaim from the music press in their homeland back in the day and whilst reasonably popular at their peak, never drew crowds to match those in the U.S.

I saw them back in late 70's but they are one of those bands that have really grown on me over the years.

I'm truly amazed that anyone could say that the Beatles were overrated.

They created the idea that bands should write their own songs. Very few on here would take bands like Radiohead, Coldplay, U2, Nirvana, Depeche Mode etc seriously if they did covers. That's the Beatles influence. They also changed how music was recorded, making the studio album and - along with George Martin - changed how it was created. Not only that, their songbook is unparalleled amongst their contemporaries. They literally helped to create the music you enjoy today, without question. Don't believe me? How many bands since the Beatles cites them as an influence.

It's one thing to say you don't like the songs by the Beatles, but it's another to say they were overrated. I am not a fan of Bob Dylan's music, but I'd never say he was overrrated when he is plainly one of the most influential musicians from the 60s, and probably of the entire 20th century. And the Beatles, unquestionably, are amongst the most influential musicians of the 20th century.
I think Dylan's influence is overrated, but his work is hugely underrated.

Over ratted Robbie Williams.
Useless twat couldn't write a song to save his life.
And a prick to boot

It's all about opinions of course but you're totally wrong about the Beatles , and the Eagles, for a kick off!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.