Any tips on laying a patio ?

DrBlueBob said:
Balti said:
DrBlueBob said:
For TCIB

Laying a patio is much like making love to a beautiful woman...

what about a less than beautiful woman?

in theory like.......

Obviously theoretically, I would imagine you might rush the whole job a touch. Not that I would ever rush a patio.

you're right

a decent patio can't be rushed ffs

;-)

get a plain concrete slab down (steel reinforced) and lay some decking on top

this is the best looking deck and no subsidence or grass growing through

blueincy said:
Don't ask Trevor Jordache..

Ahh Brookside. I was hoping somebody would mention it! Mind you if she sat on my face first Anna Friel could bury me anywhere she wanted!

I am laying slabs onto a concrete base. The flags just wont stick using a 1-4 mixture of cement to soft sand. Anyone had any similar experiences or solutions? At the moment I have four different flags drying out with different mixtures to see what WILL work, but not confident at the moment.

I am laying slabs onto a concrete base. The flags just wont stick using a 1-4 mixture of cement to soft sand. Anyone had any similar experiences or solutions? At the moment I have four different flags drying out with different mixtures to see what WILL work, but not confident at the moment.

Are you laying them on a dry mix or wet mix ?........ call into you local builders merchant, they'll help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.