Jordan Henderson wins FWA Footballer of the Year

That part of the criteria didn't matter when racist Luis Suarez missed 1/4 of the season he won the award for biting a fellow pro (for the second time).

Nor did it stop Jamie Vardy winning the same season he racially abused an asian man.
I’ve honestly never seen it brought up before but willing to be proved wrong.

The Premier League also award a POTY and Vinny won that in 2012. It generally goes to either the PFA of FWA POTY and Vinny was the last one when it didn't with RVP winning both PFA and FWA POTY in 2012.
That clears that up I thought I was going mad. I knew he had won one of the awards that year.

That part of the criteria didn't matter when racist Luis Suarez missed 1/4 of the season he won the award for biting a fellow pro (for the second time).

Nor did it stop Jamie Vardy winning the same season he racially abused an asian man.

This.

What an absolute scandal. The football honours system is as unjust and corrupt as the queen’s honours list.

Sergio, Yaya, Vin, Dave and even arguably Zaba should have won it at various times and KDB this year should’ve been probably the most clear cut winner of them all.

You can only conclude that sometimes in life lazy stereotypes are correct - footballers are stupid and journalists are cvnts

Seriously, don't get wound up about it, Liverpool fans know it's bollocks and I suspect Henderson does as well, it'll just make keV more determined.

Since 2001 the FWA POTY has not come from the champions in:

2003 Henry
2006 Henry
2009 Gerrard
2010 Rooney
2011 Parker
2012 RVP
2103 Bale
2014 Suarez
2018 Salah
2020 Henderson

Since 2001 the PFA POTY Has not come from the champions in:

2002 Van Nistleroy
2003 Henry
2006 Gerrard
2009 Giggs
2010 Rooney
2011 Bale
2012 RVP
2013 Bale
2014 Suarez
2018 Salah
2019 VVD

Absolutely no surprise. A middling, average talent who runs around a lot. That said, it's rare for one player to be captain of the Premier League, Champions League and World Club Championship holders at the same time. Wouldn't mind quite so much if he'd won it this year but Kev had won it in 2017-18 and Sterling last season. Anyway, we know the Dippers have more journalist supporters than any other club so unlikely things will change in the future.

What an absolute scandal. The football honours system is as unjust and corrupt as the queen’s honours list.

Sergio, Yaya, Vin, Dave and even arguably Zaba should have won it at various times and KDB this year should’ve been probably the most clear cut winner of them all.

You can only conclude that sometimes in life lazy stereotypes are correct - footballers are stupid and journalists are cvnts

A very sad day for football this

Giving the award to someone who is no better than a yard dog is an insult to all the exceptional actual talent on show in the PL and I include all 19 teams

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.