Jordan Henderson wins FWA Footballer of the Year

I knew that there would be a thread on this - but have avoided looking for/at it - my BP could do with avoiding the subject.

Just searched for it now after watching a recording of MOTD last and hearing Shearer say that he voted for that utterly boring and limited footballer

I assume that the only good news is that at least this will help to stop the bollocks posted by those that have continued to suggest that there is not an agenda against CITY - and pro the scum and redscouse

FFS - what utter cringeworthy bias - I hope KDB and Pep can treat it with the contempt the decision deserves?
It has nothing to do with an agenda against us, it's the fact that he was not even Liverpool's best player, not even in the top 3 in my opinion.

I'm glad that Henderson got it, BUT setting bias aside I agree with the notion that he wasn't even the best player in our team let alone the league so it's hard to argue for him getting it over KDB despite winning the league.

Mane, VVD or Trent would have been better picks and I think if either of those players got it, it would be hard to argue a case for anyone else, KDB included

Salah and Mane must be looking at themselves and thinking, "what the fuck?" he isn't even the best player in their team.

We know, the whole footballing world knows, and the writers themselves know Henderson was NOT the best - not even close to it. However, City are persona non-gratis as far as our media are concerned, and the dippers can do no wrong. So the result was hardly unexpected.

What it does do though, is prove to all followers of the game throughout the world that the English press is not fit for purpose. It is a biased and corrupted institution which has -since the arrival of Monty 'Murdoch' Burns to these shores- been slowly but efficiently chipping away at the very soul of our nation. Witness the News of The World scandal, and the phone-tapping: the horrendously gut-wrenching way Murdoch and his mass of toadying lackeys heaped even more misery and anguish on the family of Milly Dowler...and to all intents and purposes walked free. Sure, they had a scapegoat in that Poulson chap, but Murdoch and his poisonous hangers-on walked away.

The media in this country have been anti-City since the takeover. That much is beyond question. Sky and the tabloids (basically, the Murdoch empire) have absolutely immense power in this country, and if they can manipulate events to ensure they get the Prime Minister they wanted in at number 10, then they will have no difficulty in destroying our reputation worldwide.

And this, to me, is why the dippers have had nothing but positive press all season, and we have been treated like the fucking Manson family and Fred and Rose West all packaged together.

Because of the British media.

Salah and Mane must be looking at themselves and thinking, "what the fuck?" he isn't even the best player in their team.

If I was Mane I would be wondering why the Liverpool PR machine were talking Henderson up for the award for the last 8 months and ignoring his claims.

I'm glad that Henderson got it, BUT setting bias aside I agree with the notion that he wasn't even the best player in our team let alone the league so it's hard to argue for him getting it over KDB despite winning the league.

Mane, VVD or Trent would have been better picks and I think if either of those players got it, it would be hard to argue a case for anyone else, KDB included
KDB should have got it, anything else is wrong.

That said, it would be easier to accept if either of those three had.

Not that I’m that arsed, when you know who’s voting you know a City player wouldn’t win it for footballing merit, so it’s no shock.

De Bruyne will probably walk the main prize.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.