David Silva leaves City after 10 years

David Silva sends Man City fans a moving farewell message

He said: “When you are young you don’t dream about all of this. You dream about becoming a footballer, a professional footballer, you dream of playing in the top flight.

“But you never think about all the things that you could possibly achieve. Even more so now when I look back at everything I have achieved I could never have imagined it, even in my wildest dreams.”

Silva dodged questions about his future, with speculation that he may be lined up by Inter Miami in the MLS, or a return to Spain.

But he said that it will be a wrench to leave Manchester, and say farewell to the rest of the squad: “I’m going to miss them a lot because we have been together for so many years - also the people who work here at the club who have made everything so easy.

“They are always there for me for everything I need every day.”

City fans adore Silva, with many citing him as the best player in the club’s history, and Silva says the feeling is mutual.

Sadly, there will be no fans at the stadium to see him bow out of English football - but the fans' group 1894 are planning a tribute to him before the Champions League second leg against Real Madrid on August 7.

“They have shown me so much respect – and respect is the most important thing for me,” he said. “They have shown me and my family respect wherever we go and then on the pitch too. I am very grateful for all of this.

“I just want to say thank you to all the supporters, to the club, to the workers here at the club because they have made my life much easier and I am grateful for that.

“I will be Blue – Blue forever.”
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ball-news/david-silva-sends-man-city-18654369

Fuck that I’m welling up reading that ffs,always hugely underrated in England by media and pundits alike,but that’s another story,he goes down as the greatest city player ever for me,dam you Covid 19 we can’t get to see this special player in person and give him the send off he rightly deserves on Sunday a humble superstar footballer,who’d most likely be embarrassed by it all ..

David Silva sends Man City fans a moving farewell message

He said: “When you are young you don’t dream about all of this. You dream about becoming a footballer, a professional footballer, you dream of playing in the top flight.

“But you never think about all the things that you could possibly achieve. Even more so now when I look back at everything I have achieved I could never have imagined it, even in my wildest dreams.”

Silva dodged questions about his future, with speculation that he may be lined up by Inter Miami in the MLS, or a return to Spain.

But he said that it will be a wrench to leave Manchester, and say farewell to the rest of the squad: “I’m going to miss them a lot because we have been together for so many years - also the people who work here at the club who have made everything so easy.

“They are always there for me for everything I need every day.”

City fans adore Silva, with many citing him as the best player in the club’s history, and Silva says the feeling is mutual.

Sadly, there will be no fans at the stadium to see him bow out of English football - but the fans' group 1894 are planning a tribute to him before the Champions League second leg against Real Madrid on August 7.

“They have shown me so much respect – and respect is the most important thing for me,” he said. “They have shown me and my family respect wherever we go and then on the pitch too. I am very grateful for all of this.

“I just want to say thank you to all the supporters, to the club, to the workers here at the club because they have made my life much easier and I am grateful for that.

“I will be Blue – Blue forever.”
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ball-news/david-silva-sends-man-city-18654369

ColdDimBichonfrise-size_restricted.gif

There'll be a lot of reminiscing about Dave in the coming weeks/months/years, but I'm going to throw my fave ever Dave goal in here. The one that prompted this celebration...
6322219578_6d83cbeeac_b.jpg

It's so simple yet so beautiful how he leaves the defenders so flat footed with one touch. Legend that lad.

We lost some amazing players who served the club with all they had but boy silva leaving City hurts on a completely different level. After reading his good bye message to the fans I couldn't help but shed some tears. Thankyou for all the great times David :( May footballing God's support us one final time and we could give him a proper send of by lifting the UCL

There'll be a lot of reminiscing about Dave in the coming weeks/months/years, but I'm going to throw my fave ever Dave goal in here. The one that prompted this celebration...
6322219578_6d83cbeeac_b.jpg

It's so simple yet so beautiful how he leaves the defenders so flat footed with one touch. Legend that lad.
Yet the greatest accolade the media could muster was to name him player of the month once in his 10 years with us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.