Ferran Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m concerned about the lack of pace combined with his relatively lightweight frame. I fear he’ll just get eased off the ball in this league. Hope I’m wrong, but we’ll need to wait and see.

A young spanish attacker from Valencia told he won't make it in the Prem due to his apparent lack of pace and lightweight frame? Sounds very familiar

Same height as Sané, weighs more too. Comfortably the second fastest forward in our squad, other than maybe GJ.

Sane was very quick though, not just in terms of top speed but also in terms of acceleration. If you can get past your defender then the referee will blow for a foul most of the time if he touches you. If you can’t then the referees are very lenient to the defenders in this league.

I’d have liked to see someone with the pace characteristics of Sane or Sterling rather than Jesus or Mahrez. Anyway, I’d like nothing more than to be proven wrong. Let’s wait and see.

You lose all credibility when you bring up Messi as a comparison because his right foot is better than 99% of professional players and he has *literally* hundreds of goals and assists with his right to prove it.
That is besides the point. Most strikers have a dominant foot. Including Messi. So the point here is that having a dominant foot isn't some debilitating shortcoming that needs overcoming.

He has played striker a few times. Wasn't great. But wasn't bad under Low either. But he is a far better footballer now than he was then and he is getting better.

The notion that he can't be a Striker coz he was average at it when he was 17 and didn't score 7 goals the few times Low played him there in a friendly is just silly.

I get it. You don't think he can. But you're not making good arguments for why.

That is besides the point. Most strikers have a dominant foot. Including Messi. So the point here is that having a dominant foot isn't some debilitating shortcoming that needs overcoming.

He has played striker a few times. Wasn't great. But wasn't bad under Low either. But he is a far better footballer now than he was then and he is getting better.

The notion that he can't be a Striker coz he was average at it when he was 17 and didn't score 7 goals the few times Low played him there in a friendly is just silly.

I get it. You don't think he can. But you're not making good arguments for why.

You haven't made a single argument for why he would either? Nothing except "I think he can".

Fact is we had Jesus + Aguero out more than a few times in the 4 years he was here and Pep never once went with him in the middle, always preferred other options who had the ability to play centrally.

I guess we will see in 10 years but until then I don't see much point in carrying on an argument that's you saying "I think he can just because I do" vs. me saying "well he couldn't do it at a young age when he tried and the best manager in the world, who famously likes moving wingers inside, avoided playing him there at all costs"

If you're gonna reply, do it in a Sané thread so we don't further derail this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.