Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always knew Jamie spitter was unbalanced. Apparently 2 right footed CB’s can work together ok but 2 left footed CB’s can’t. How does that work then Jamie?

We still need a proper left back. Mendy is a woeful footballer and not the answer. I expect Ake to play LB until we can find a replacement.
Don't think we are looking for a left back if we get Ake, Mendy as long as he stys fit will play in at least half our games with Ake rotating.

I don‘t know why people say we don’t need a LB anymore because CANCELO and AKE CAN play there. It‘s not their best position. I rather have someone who can do something on the position and feels comfortable. Ake would be more or less the defensive options - don’t see him going forward like Mendy.

The fee seems a little high but if it means Stones and Otamendi further down the pecking order I am all for it.

We still need a proper left back. Mendy is a woeful footballer and not the answer. I expect Ake to play LB until we can find a replacement.

I’m not sure. Mendy has shown glimpses of his Monaco-form recently, against Liverpool he was excellent. I doubt he’ll be replaced.

Thanks, how long ago did those lists have to be submitted?
Can clubs change their squads again this season?
Yes ... if they get through to the knockout stage. Ahead of the round of 16, by midnight on 1 February, clubs can register a maximum of three new players. The overall limit of 25 players on List A remains, though.

Any limitations on who is added?
Players may have played in qualifying for the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League, but only one of them can have played in the UEFA Europa League group stage. Players cannot represent two clubs in the UEFA Champions League from the group stage onwards.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsl...0--uefa-champions-league-squads-how-it-works/

Not to disrespect Stones considering what he’s won with us, but this guy is twice the defender he is. Stones is passive and almost backs into the goal when facing attackers. Aké just dives right in. A real fighter, very physical and most of all, intelligent.

Filling the homegrown quota plus looking at our needs, he is absolutely perfect for us.
I don’t believe City will buy a left back now. Both Aké and Cancelo can play there, along with first choice Mendy who will face serious competition now.
Stones would also look like a cracking defender in a team who sits back all the time with all his teammates within metres of him.

Playing as a defender in City’s team is very different to anything else in the world. Our tactics would show up a genetically modified scientific experiment defender with the genes of Beckenbauer, Dave Watson, Baresi and Kompany, and see him make a lot of mistakes if he wasn’t at it.

Ake has always impressed me as a defender in his own box, but being a defender for City is 90% of how good you are on the half way line.

Ive never seen Ake defending that far forward before so I’m refraining from saying whether he’s better than Stones or even a good signing full stop, until I see how good he actually is at defending in our team.

I don‘t know why people say we don’t need a LB anymore because CANCELO and AKE CAN play there. It‘s not their best position. I rather have someone who can do something on the position and feels comfortable. Ake would be more or less the defensive options - don’t see him going forward like Mendy.

It’s not about ’can play there’. Cancelo is actually good in this position. And I have no doubts Aké could whip in a few crosses, although maybe not as good as Mendy.

I believe this upcoming season will be make or break for Mendy. If he doesn’t improve fast, he’ll be replaced next summer.

I still have confidence in Mendy, believe it or not.

Can clubs change their squads again this season?
Yes ... if they get through to the knockout stage. Ahead of the round of 16, by midnight on 1 February, clubs can register a maximum of three new players. The overall limit of 25 players on List A remains, though.

Any limitations on who is added?
Players may have played in qualifying for the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League, but only one of them can have played in the UEFA Europa League group stage. Players cannot represent two clubs in the UEFA Champions League from the group stage onwards.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsl...0--uefa-champions-league-squads-how-it-works/

Woah. Could we add Aké to play in UCL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.