Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen Aké at LB? I’m curious to know what he could add to us there. Defending wise, he would bring a lot of stability to that left side but I have now idea how he is going forward, crossing etc.

I’m certain of two things:

1. This deal means John Stones is out. I think the homegrown factor really played a part in this. If that wasn’t relevant, I do think Pep would have picked Pau Torres instead.

2. We will not pursue a new LB, it wouldn’t make any sense. If we had Mendy + new LB and Laporte playing the majority of our games, Aké would be on the bench most of the time. And he is too good to sit there.

I think Mendy has the upcoming season to fight for his place. If he fails I’m sure Pep will replace him next summer.

IS Pau Torres left or right footed?

If he is right he maybe plan B for Koulibaly

No doubt about it.
Aké, Laporte, Koulibaly and Garcia.

After so many years and issues with central defenders, we would be set for quite some time. This kind of defense is what wins us the Champions League.
Does someone want to tell him about Garcia...

Anyone seen Aké at LB? I’m curious to know what he could add to us there. Defending wise, he would bring a lot of stability to that left side but I have now idea how he is going forward, crossing etc.

I’m certain of two things:

1. This deal means John Stones is out. I think the homegrown factor really played a part in this. If that wasn’t relevant, I do think Pep would have picked Pau Torres instead.

2. We will not pursue a new LB, it wouldn’t make any sense. If we had Mendy + new LB and Laporte playing the majority of our games, Aké would be on the bench most of the time. And he is too good to sit there.

I think Mendy has the upcoming season to fight for his place. If he fails I’m sure Pep will replace him next summer.

I agree to point 1.

But point 2. suggests Aké would cover LCB and LB. As been said, Zin would be surplus and
block a free spot. Normally we try to have 2 players per position.
Maybe that 19-yo Ait Nouri from Angers comes into play. Just a thought.

Similar to Stones, I think Zinchenko has to move on and develop his career.
He has to leave his comfort zone. Right now he isn't well known as a LB and unproven as a mid.
Good lad, but should go and find his luck somewhere else.

Is the £40 million fee correct? Seems a little steep for a recently relegated player.

Is the £40 million fee correct? Seems a little steep for a recently relegated player.
This is purely guesswork on my part but I reckon there were other clubs sniffing around, and 40m was the minimum amount to keep those other clubs away and let us get this done swiftly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.