Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of people seem concerned about his height, height isn't the only thing that makes a player good in the air, positional awareness, concentration, agility etc, this is all mute of course, as he is only coming to lace the boots of the absolutely enormous Koulibaly, who measures in at a mind blowing 6"1.

That's a very steep price for a back up left-footed CB. Haven't seen him play LB or DM but I hope his play there makes up for the fee.

Well, that's exactly Aké's choice.
Play often in a lesser team
or compete against top players for minutes in a top team,
while picking up some silver ware every now and then.

It's not ridiculous, incoming players exactly know Pep or any other coach will rotate
to play 60 matches per season. And we want competition on any position.

Rotation is to be expected. But let's pretend that Laporte is fit the whole season (Which isn't impossible). How many league/CL games would he be rested for? Not many....5-10 at most. I refuse to believe we've spent 40m on a Netherlands international...so he can start 5-10 PL/CL games in a season (in case Laporte stays healthy).

He has to have a bigger role surely...so i expect we will see him at LB as well.

Alot of people seem concerned about his height, height isn't the only thing that makes a player good in the air, positional awareness, concentration, agility etc, this is all mute of course, as he is only coming to lace the boots of the absolutely enormous Koulibaly, who measures in at a mind blowing 6"1.
Football has evolved not many big lump strikers anymore even in the English game, three of the best centre halves ever to have played the game in Baresi,Beckenbauer and Cannavaro were all under 6 foot, Ake is 5 11 and has a decent spring for his size, it’s a bit of a myth we concede loads from corners or crosses we concede more on the counter because of our high line and pushed on full backs, Akes pace will be a big asset to counter the counter attacks, cracking signing for me.

With his signing it means we are not pursuing David Alaba anymore. Alaba could had been our first choice at LB and could had covered for Laporte at LCB. Ake is a bit meh signing like Scott Sinclair and Fabian Delph. Hope i am proven wrong and he prove value for money.
Comparing Fabian Delph to Scott Sinclair is insulting!

Excellent signing for you, still think you need another CB and a LB, you should be set then - at least defensively.

Rotation is to be expected. But let's pretend that Laporte is fit the whole season (Which isn't impossible). How many league/CL games would he be rested for? Not many....5-10 at most. I refuse to believe we've spent 40m on a Netherlands international...so he can start 5-10 PL/CL games in a season (in case Laporte stays healthy).

He has to have a bigger role surely...so i expect we will see him at LB as well.

Remember that next season is not a normal season with the very short break between seasons and the congestion from a shortened 20/21 season.

There will be a lot more rotating to avoid injuries and bringing in people who've got a 10 week gap between seasons like Aké and Ferran Torres will be potentially a big help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.