Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was having a disagreement with an acquaintance and I was arguing that I would rather have Tyrone Mings than Nathan Ake... am I totally in the wrong on this? What's the general consensus on that? Mings might be worse on the ball but hes stronger, better in the air, I think quicker, hits the English quota.. I don't know, neither one quite does it for me a the level we are at but eh, what do I know haha
We are all about being good on the ball and starting attacks as well as defending so no imo

Think he’ll play plenty , not just back up. Think he’ll surprise a few with both appearances and ability.

He really will, if he performs to his best ability.

We will have to see if that happens, but it's a really sensible signing for the club & signing new players, in general, is not a given that they will succeed.

He is a player who 'should' fit in perfectly at City & that's all you can ask for.

Who cares about the price, it always gets dragged up on here.

He’s left sided so the natural assumption is that he will be coverage for Laporte and the right side if we are in the shit.

I like him. Bring it on.

Cover in an emergency but we forever read a player can cover in multi positions and they are crap unless like zinchy and Delph and they are trained over months to do it
He started at left back more than twenty times in a season for Watford. Does that count? :)

Cover in an emergency but we forever read a player can cover in multi positions and they are crap unless like zinchy and Delph and they are trained over months to do it
Pep has spent his whole management career shifting players positions, from Busquets and Messi onwards. Playing Ake as a left back is no major shift. He’ll start plenty of games as left back, especially when he wants to play an inverted left back, far better than either Delph or Zinchenko did..

I think Aké will be used a bit like Gundogan: sometimes he plays holding mid, sometimes creative attacking mid. Aké will be used as left CB, LB and perhaps also CDM. It’s really good to have these options. He’s a quality footballer and he’s fast, so I have no doubts he will do well.

We should remember Aké is good enough to start in most teams in the league. We can’t have two high quality options on every position and expect a player like Aké to accept playing 10-20% of all our games, he’d rather join United or Chelsea and play 75-80% of the games. I expect Ake to play a big part for us going forward and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him next to Laporte at right side if Pep realises he’s comfortable there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.