CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

@projectriver not doing a write up. He has no need. I've not said it recently but thanks for your brilliant work on this. Saw yesterday that some on here yesterday were having a pop as well. Pathetic.

From the linked article the final section is brilliant and particularly the last paragraph I've bolded:

Significance of the CAS Decision

Following the release of the CAS Decision news reporters and fans were decrying “the end of FFP”. The CAS Decision does not signify that. More particularly, despite the CAS Panel’s comments on the drafting of the limitation period stated in article 37 PRCFCB, there is nothing negative stated about UEFA’s CLFFPR or its procedures. The CAS Decision, if anything, is a rousing call for clubs to give greater support and cooperation to the CFCB when it is the subject of an investigation or charge under the CLFFPR and PRCFCB.

On the point of article 37 PRCFCB – although UEFA will not see it this way considering the overall outcome – it is welcomed that there is now some clear authority on the interpretation of the same. Whilst I would agree with Professor Jack Anderson’s comment that the CAS Panel’s interpretation of article 37 PRCFCB included ‘no reference to previous CAS cases, Swiss law or comparative law’, the interpretation provided by the CAS Panel, in this author’s opinion, is fitting. UEFA may adopt such an interpretation in future editions of the PRCFCB, or may draft a limitation clause to reflect the AC Decision and UEFA’s submissions to the CAS Panel (i.e. that time stops on the date the IC opens its investigation, not when a referral decision is issued as decided by the CAS Panel).

Nevertheless, in this author’s opinion, having now read the CAS Decision, this entire dispute appears over-hyped and demonstrative of an element of desperation from UEFA to pin a charge on MCFC. The absence of cogent evidence from UEFA / the CFCB is astounding and this author is in disbelief that the AC Decision, let alone the Referral Decision, was made on the basis of the evidence available. Neither the CAS nor the purpose and aim of the CLFFPR should be undermined for the CFCB’s decision to proceed with a case that could not be properly proved. Admittedly, however, one upshot of that could be that clubs will be even more vigilant in ensuring their compliance with the CLFFPR to avoid being ardently pursued by UEFA.

I don't understand why Der Spiegel didn't provide all the e-mails to UEFA during the investigation. It seems pointless to publish new ones now.

It's been released in claim that Pearce was lying to CAS, and if Pearce was lying to CAS then City are obviously more guilty than has been found.

If it had been known, it possibly still wouldn't have been of much interest to UEFA, but might have had Pearce asked at CAS to clarify what he meant.

Der Spiegel are being used as a puppet yet again. The "show" drops in performance and then up it pops again. Do any of you journos out there know anyone in or have contacts with the German media? Perhaps it's time for BM to do some investigation of its own.

good idea

the main people behind the Der Spiegel are running for somebody ? a major football club or uefa elite, and like i said they claim too have thousands of document on football and clubs and players but its manchester city target number one, it does not sound right to me if you got loads of stuff on football being bent or other clubs dirty washing why go after a single club

also its funny that anybody claiming to have stolen items like emails and documents are allowed to use them in court or publish them without any fear of being prosecuted its daft ? or is it, maybe the media are the people hiding the information because its all lies and made up in the first place, when they have it in for somebody they will go for the kill ? and the amount of shit manchester city have taken over the years its clear whats going on and why its going on

this is why everybody who love this club are calling for our the media team and manchester city to now take action and stop the sauce and take them to court ? the BBC skysports BTsports 3 main players are allowed to rubbish our name at will, then you have the press all free to quote stolen hacked emails being used against manchester city to smear our name, even after being cleared by CAS its not stopped and manchester city fans have had enough

@projectriver not doing a write up. He has no need. I've not said it recently but thanks for your brilliant work on this. Saw yesterday that some on here yesterday were having a pop as well. Pathetic.

From the linked article the final section is brilliant and particularly the last paragraph I've bolded:

Significance of the CAS Decision

Following the release of the CAS Decision news reporters and fans were decrying “the end of FFP”. The CAS Decision does not signify that. More particularly, despite the CAS Panel’s comments on the drafting of the limitation period stated in article 37 PRCFCB, there is nothing negative stated about UEFA’s CLFFPR or its procedures. The CAS Decision, if anything, is a rousing call for clubs to give greater support and cooperation to the CFCB when it is the subject of an investigation or charge under the CLFFPR and PRCFCB.

On the point of article 37 PRCFCB – although UEFA will not see it this way considering the overall outcome – it is welcomed that there is now some clear authority on the interpretation of the same. Whilst I would agree with Professor Jack Anderson’s comment that the CAS Panel’s interpretation of article 37 PRCFCB included ‘no reference to previous CAS cases, Swiss law or comparative law’, the interpretation provided by the CAS Panel, in this author’s opinion, is fitting. UEFA may adopt such an interpretation in future editions of the PRCFCB, or may draft a limitation clause to reflect the AC Decision and UEFA’s submissions to the CAS Panel (i.e. that time stops on the date the IC opens its investigation, not when a referral decision is issued as decided by the CAS Panel).

Nevertheless, in this author’s opinion, having now read the CAS Decision, this entire dispute appears over-hyped and demonstrative of an element of desperation from UEFA to pin a charge on MCFC. The absence of cogent evidence from UEFA / the CFCB is astounding and this author is in disbelief that the AC Decision, let alone the Referral Decision, was made on the basis of the evidence available. Neither the CAS nor the purpose and aim of the CLFFPR should be undermined for the CFCB’s decision to proceed with a case that could not be properly proved. Admittedly, however, one upshot of that could be that clubs will be even more vigilant in ensuring their compliance with the CLFFPR to avoid being ardently pursued by UEFA.
Great so you know who is behind Football Law. Thomas Horton is his name. Is he a City fan ?

Can we just start sending Der Spiegel loads of random shit through the post?

Actually, lets just start sending them actual shit in the post. Im going for a curry later (outside of Greater Manchester) so i may just bottle it up tomorrow morning and ship it to their Head Office.

Enough is enough

If DS was acting as some sort of front for Bayern or whoever then why weren't they forcing these docs into the hands of UEFA before the case?

Did it not come out that UEFA didn't go to DS at all for anything, they pretty much rocked up with the original docs that were leaked and some of their own files from the past settlement etc.

Seems a bit bizarre doesn't it to wait for City to win then release more docs into the public domain?

I don't understand why Der Spiegel didn't provide all the e-mails to UEFA during the investigation. It seems pointless to publish new ones now.
The only reason for that, that I can think off, is they don't want to be seen as a co-conspiritor with Rui Pinto.
In fact, anyone could get hold of all the emails back in the day by paying Pinto for them.
UEFA will have been gifted the complete set from someone - they just don't want anyone to know they have them.

Last edited:
Can we just start sending Der Spiegel loads of random shit through the post?

Actually, lets just start sending them actual shit in the post. Im going for a curry later (outside of Greater Manchester) so i may just bottle it up tomorrow morning and ship it to their Head Office.

Enough is enough

Or order skips and pizza, like with that Utd fan.

If DS was acting as some sort of front for Bayern or whoever then why weren't they forcing these docs into the hands of UEFA before the case?

Did it not come out that UEFA didn't go to DS at all for anything, they pretty much rocked up with the original docs that were leaked and some of their own files from the past settlement etc.

Seems a bit bizarre doesn't it to wait for City to win then release more docs into the public domain?
Its the drip, drip, drip accusation principle. Keep pumping out shit and people will believe it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.