Players who might improve us

I like his story as well. The man has worked his arse off to be where he is now. He is no spoiled since being a school boy primadonna.
Agree, I have had dealings with him, and he is the most down to earth guy you could meet. Not sure he could do a job for us, touch isn’t good enough.

I don’t understand the call for Edouard. Just watched a few reels of his so this is YouTube scouting with all the appropriate caveats. All his finishes are placed shots, almost exclusively low. He’s not driving laces through anything and has an almost Yaya like tiny back swing on his kicks without quite as much power as Yaya created. Finishes are finishes and maybe he’s just great at reading the keeper but I’d worry that he won’t have the time and space to slot finishes for us and better, faster keepers will close those spaces on him.

I don’t understand the call for Edouard. Just watched a few reels of his so this is YouTube scouting with all the appropriate caveats. All his finishes are placed shots, almost exclusively low. He’s not driving laces through anything and has an almost Yaya like tiny back swing on his kicks without quite as much power as Yaya created. Finishes are finishes and maybe he’s just great at reading the keeper but I’d worry that he won’t have the time and space to slot finishes for us and better, faster keepers will close those spaces on him.
Possibly. It's his calmness and interplay outside the box that impresses me. But perhaps he is not good enough. Haven't seen anyone special this season to be fair.

Perhaps there'd be some next season and we should just wait.

It would be stretching it to suggest the Celtic striker could improve us. Decent at best

Last edited:
Possibly. It's his calmness and interplay outside the box that impresses me. But perhaps he is not good enough. Haven't seen anyone special this season to be fair.

Perhaps there'd be some next season and we should just wait.

Only Halaand and Werner have really shined aside from Immobile and Lewandowski. Felix and Jovic chose such poor moves they should be in that second tier pushing for the top honors. I’d personally be for breaking the bank for Halaand because I really believe in his combination of talents but would agree that sitting and waiting or trying to chase Jovic or Felix would make the most sense to me.

Just had a thought, what about brahim diaz. He would have gotten plenty of chances and time had he stayed, he is quality as well. shame he left.

Just had a thought, what about brahim diaz. He would have gotten plenty of chances and time had he stayed, he is quality as well. shame he left.
Probably wouldn't have. Bernado barely got time this season. Talk less Diaz.

There is one player that has caught my eye over the past six months... Calvin Stengs. What a talent he looks.

He has similar balance to Leroy Sane (drops the shoulder when beating players in a similar fashion) and has a poise & gracefulness about his game where he just looks like he is gliding across a football pitch or gliding across snow without leaving any footprint marks.

Looks like he can play out wide and play in behind the striker in a number 10 role. Always looking to get on the ball in between the lines and create. I really think City should watch out for him in the coming years. Big future ahead.

Another player that looks pretty good is Teun Koopmeiners who plays for AZ Alkmaar, same club as Stengs. Looks to be a very strong player, good all rounder. Plays in midfield, but can also play at CB. I think he is also captain of the team at just 22 years of age. Says a lot about the players maturity, mentality and attitude.

Bit of an odd thing but has anyone at all watched Groningen? Apparently Itakura has been starting and doing well, I know we rarely recall our loaned players but I wonder if there’s any chance he could be a backup to Rodri or a backup CB.

Bit of an odd thing but has anyone at all watched Groningen? Apparently Itakura has been starting and doing well, I know we rarely recall our loaned players but I wonder if there’s any chance he could be a backup to Rodri or a backup CB.

He’s more a centre back and I believe that Groningen would like to buy him from us outright. However, his contract with us lasts until 2022, so they would need to stump up or cut some deal. If they want him, it’s because they recognize he’s a good player, certainly a good athlete, and they know they’ll be able to sell him themselves for a larger profit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.