Arsenal announce redundancies and financial issues

MCFC1993

https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-update-2020

55 people made redundant due to a big drop in revenue. The pandemic has hit them hard.

It's right at the start of the transfer window, it's going to be frowned upon if they go and spend money on players now. I mean they're currently linked to Willian at £130k a week and will have to offer Aubameyang a huge pay rise to stay. However, they can't pay 55 people, seems a bit ridiculous really.

Last edited:
PL should put x% of TV revenue aside for things like this. Sums up where our sport has gone that there is such an unequal disparity.

Shame to think of the losses that will happen further down the food chain to clubs with similar owners or in desperate straits without the income coming in at all.

Won't be the only club doing this i reckon.

Shame on the players not getting together and helping,

If they cut 55 jobs and then spend millions on a player i hope they get taken to the cleaners

I believe all the players other than Ozil have already taken a 25% pay cut a few months ago.

Another club that pontificate about doing things "The right way"
Even if their sugar daddies Norris or Fiszman were alive today, they wouldn't be able to bail them out due to the FFP they voted for.
No doubt it will be people at the lower end of the pay scale who will bear the brunt of these cuts as I can't see the likes of PEA receiving his P45

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.