#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure he had the strength or the skill to succeed El Magico. This season has changed that.

Looking at this he'll need protection from refs. (One of the rule changes is that refs won't go back to issue a yellow card if they've played advantage - or allowed a quick free kick before they've shown a card - but they can if it was a bad tackle rather than just stopping the attack.)

That practically guarantees that a 'tactical foul' will stop an attack.

Everyone stop what you are doing and read the Phil Foden article on The Athletic today. Genuinely one of the best City articles you’ll ever read. What a gem of a player we have.

Sam has jumped the shark,absolute bollocks this is

Loan moves have been discussed for Phil Foden in the past - most seriously Tottenham in December 2018 and Everton in December 2019. But the message is that a handful of games at #ManCity, in their style, is worth 20 anywhere else. [
@SamLee

That practically guarantees that a 'tactical foul' will stop an attack.
Manchester utd need more help at the other end of the pitch,now bruno 1 pen is established ,David Gill has influence in all areas and utd must win somat big.soon.this is how much help they need .
Watch fhis space.

Loan moves have been discussed for Phil Foden in the past - most seriously Tottenham in December 2018 and Everton in December 2019. But the message is that a handful of games at #ManCity, in their style, is worth 20 anywhere else. [
@SamLee
Why do you say its bollocks that loan moves were discussed?
I believe Everton,in partc was a real ,viable option...right manager ,and a team aiming to play in the right manner,far more progressive than Everton teams of old.Foden would have fitted right in there,imo
You have to stop assuming that everything the club or player say is correct.its often media savvy speak.
You have to put your mind in the posistion of our manager..who wanted his cake and more ..with the excess talent at his disposal...and also the mindeset of a young fantasically talented footballer,who waa watching his career stagnate.
Yes ultimately he turned Everton down...but that lad would have been itching to play reguarly ever since his debut at the age of 16 during Citys pre season usa tour...when you have talent like he has ,you know how good you are,you cant be fucking about for ever on the side lines.
Am i glad he stayed put? Deadright
But dont under estimate just how much this two footed goal scoring assist maker ,wanted to replace our one footed fading genius..just because the lad said all the right things in the press etc
Behind the scenes of course it was gonna be a different matter..we are talking about a genuine generational talent here...not the latest big hope from the youth team.
Not sure how true the spurs angle is,but Everton loan..yeah.i could see it being discussed.
Everton have a class manager. Dont know how they managed that tbh.

@SamLee

How is that remotely negative/bollocks?

It's says loans were considered and thought to be of less value to a handful of games in our side... That's a compliment to us.

Not everything in the media is an underhanded dig at us.

Why do you say its bollocks that loan moves were discussed?
I believe Everton,in partc was a real ,viable option...right manager ,and a team aiming to play in the right manner,far more progressive than Everton teams of old.Foden would have fitted right in there,imo
You have to stop assuming that everything the club or player say is correct.its often media savvy speak.
You have to put your mind in the posistion of our manager..who wanted his cake and more ..with the excess talent at his disposal...and also the mindeset of a young fantasically talented footballer,who waa watching his career stagnate.
Yes ultimately he turned Everton down...but that lad would have been itching to play reguarly ever since his debut at the age of 16 during Citys pre season usa tour...when you have talent like he has ,you know how good you are,you cant be fucking about for ever on the side lines.
Am i glad he stayed put? Deadright
But dont under estimate just how much this two footed goal scoring assist maker ,wanted to replace our one footed fading genius..just because the lad said all the right things in the press etc
Behind the scenes of course it was gonna be a different matter..we are talking about a genuine generational talent here...not the latest big hope from the youth team.
Not sure how true the spurs angle is,but Everton loan..yeah.i could see it being discussed.
Everton have a class manager. Dont know how they managed that tbh.
Pep had said for a lot longer than Dec that Phil was not going out on loan,never ever,certainly not in Dec just gone,phil has never asked for a loan,he as been happy learning from the likes of Dave and said several times he is playing and learning from the best and in the best place,the whole loan thing has been a push by the pundits who gleefully told us he would never play and would be ruined

How is that remotely negative/bollocks?

It's says loans were considered and thought to be of less value to a handful of games in our side... That's a compliment to us.

Not everything in the media is an underhanded dig at us.
Pep had said categorically no loan for the last two seasons,I doubt very much pep,txiki or Phil were entertaining a loan anywhere,not a dig just more bollocks from someone who has shown his true colours recently

Pep had said for a lot longer than Dec that Phil was not going out on loan

Pep says a lot of things.

You can't just decide something's not true because you don't like the sound of it. The quote you've taken is also bang in the middle of a very long and well researched article. I'm inclined to trust Sam on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.