Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very disappointing as he's an exceptional young talent who defends with intelligence beyond his years but if he doesn't want to stay, what can we do. Good luck to him at Barcelona, you can't deny anyone the chance to play for their boyhood club. If it was any of us we'd do anything to play for City.

It presents us the perfect opportunity to bring back Adaradiayo, who has the skillset to become anything he wants to be in my opinion.

Unsurprising.

I am not as devastated as some on here. Its one thing finishing a season having broken into the side because more senior players have been dump, its another thing entirely, starting the next season in the team after a transfer window.

I said previously on here that if he started next season any higher than 4th or 5th choice CB then we had failed in the transfer window. Better for us that he goes now for a decent fee, while his stock has been artificially inflated due to Stones and Otamendi.

Good luck Eric.

hes fucking sh*t.

slow small and not very tough outside of a pep team (which he hasn’t even proven anything yet) he’ll be below bang average.

Mane jogged past him 4/5 times like he was jogging past a traffic cone. Off ya pop son close the door on the way out.

Honestly I'd have to agree.

Good luck to the kid tho.

Really need to see if its worth for city to invest in these Spanish kids.

Garcia, Suarez and Brahim, all eventually want to go back to Real / Barca even if they are not ready.
We pay peanuts for them and have banked millions from selling them so yes it is worth it.

Garcia of course hasn't left yet but Brahim and Suarez have gone on to achieve nothing, I would hardly say we have missed out on anything.

Shame he's going. Decent defender who reads the game brilliantly and obviously highly intelligent. But he's slow, turns like an elephant and his heading technique is like a 4 year old. This is not the same as Sané leaving and he's probably better suited to La Liga anyway.

Are Barca prepared to pay 20-30 million for him this summer?

Pleased obviously. I want him back and I maintain it was always inevitable at some point even if he had extended. Catalan kids all have a homing beacon to return to where it started

On the positive side, he left his home club to play & learn under the club's biggest legend for 3 years and that will help him going forward ala Pique
What do you think happened to Adrian Bernabé's Catalan homing beacon?
Bernabé is about to put the final touches on a new 5 year deal with Man City. Is his beacon broken!?

Eric Garcia Is a smart boy, so best wishes for him.

Be interesting if Pep starts him tomorrow personally I’d send him back to the youth squad.

Last edited:
Meh, I think he'll do great over there as he's a very composed lad with good instincts, but we play in a kick and rush league which was never going to be the best place for someone like him. If we can get a decent price then it'll have been another profitable foray into the Spanish youth market

FFS. John Stones is the one who should leave, not this guy.

I wonder what this means in terms of Guardiola extending. Maybe he know something we don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.