Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see why people are raging about this - he's obviously got Barca in his heart, never expected anything different. At least we should get a good profit on him, and invest that in other players. Tosin is waiting in the wings also, I'd love to see given some League Cup games next season.

You won’t be getting him for 10m, that much is certain.

If this was always his intention he’s going to cost your club millions which could have been saved. Although, now he can command a much higher wage compared to the alternative had he stayed in the first place.

Barca are skint. They know he's leaving and they know he only want's Barca so there is no chance of any other team swooping for him.

He'll either go for about £10m plus add ons this summer or they'll wait for him next year.

Lots of people very upset that a 19 year old from Barcelona is interested in playing for Barcelona. I thought he wasn't good enough anyway? If we get a good fee whats the big deal?

Don't see why people are raging about this - he's obviously got Barca in his heart, never expected anything different. At least we should get a good profit on him, and invest that in other players. Tosin is waiting in the wings also, I'd love to see given some League Cup games next season.

Don't think Tosin is good enough. Otherwise he'd be with the squad already like Foden and Garcia.

There goes my future City skipper! :) Unfortunate for us, but he made the right choice for himself, particularly if he gets his salary in Barcelona close to what we were prepared to offer him.

its unfortunate to lose yet another young talent, but this one i'm not all that upset about. Really don't think he has the physicality or speed to cut it in the prem.

Where else do you find his quality as a 3rd or 4th option?

We used to be able to keep hold of most talents, now within a year we’ve lost Sané and Garcia.

Garcia’s contract is up 2022. Sell him after the CL and cash in, if not we won’t receive much next summer.

Anyone else pissed off?
Not really no, he's a good prospect, but is he a better prospect or as suited to the premier league as Harwood Bellis I don't think he is. Might give Harwood Bellis and Tosin more room to develop.

Lots of people very upset that a 19 year old from Barcelona is interested in playing for Barcelona. I thought he wasn't good enough anyway? If we get a good fee whats the big deal?

That one of our brightest young prospects wants to leave?

Pep thought he was good enough at aged 19 to play ahead of Stones and Otamendi.

If it wasn’t for ederson Norwich could have easily scored at least twice against us as well as the offside goal. That was with Garcia and Laporte as the cb pairing whatever way you look at it Garcia was not the answer to partner Laporte for next season. He is no doubt good in possession but he got turned very easily and was imo very poor positionally. He may well develop into a top cb but for what we need now this will not effect us a great deal imo. I would rather two city’s fans in thb and tosin fight for the 5th cb spot like how barca are pleased to have a Barcelona fan come back. Good luck to the lad.

more concerned what this means re pep’s future at city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.