João Félix

Felix was badly, badly advised to go to Atletico.

He and his family took the money without thinking of his progress in a team not suited to attacking flair players.

I still can't believe he actually went there. It was just never the right move, a shame as we put the money on the table and offered to loan him back to Benfica for a season

Is that not how we have played against Madrid.... And how pep used Messi.
Yes, think he’d always like it as at least an option, which is why I think it’s more likely we go for this type of player than a Haaland Kane type.

It was always a baffling looking move to go to Atleti, possibly the least suitable team for a player like him, but they bid so much it pretty much ruled out any competition. He was never going to do well in a Simeone team as he's just not that sort of player, just like how a lot of our players wouldn't look up to much in that team either as they are graft over creativity.

If we could get him for half what they paid, that'd be a very interesting option as he's got absolutely bags of ability and creativity, but his confidence is understandably on the floor at the minute, but with the right coaching he could be an absolute world beater
But athletico are generally good at buying strikers. Torres, aguero even Diego costa are few examples. Well Morata also comes in this arguments but generally Athletico are good at buying strikers. He is good and may be he will reveal his goodness here.

But athletico are generally good at buying strikers. Torres, aguero even Diego costa are few examples. Well Morata also comes in this arguments but generally Athletico are good at buying strikers. He is good and may be he will reveal his goodness here.
He's not a striker though and definitely not in the mould of a Simeone striker. Simeone wants a target man, which is the last thing Felix is

This is exactly where he'd play for City I imagine

On top of the 100mil it'd cost for him we'd need to splash out on another winger to replace the goals we'd lose from striker. And we just bought another playmaking winger so I doubt it's a route we are exploring.

On top of the 100mil it'd cost for him we'd need to splash out on another winger to replace the goals we'd lose from striker. And we just bought another playmaking winger so I doubt it's a route we are exploring.
a. I reckon Atleti would (eventually) take quite a bit less that £100m
b. I think we could get him on loan, with an option to buy
c. I think those goals would naturally come from other players when you have a false 9 with quality. Sterling, Mahrez, KdB, Bernardo, Foden would all score more with a false 9 than a natural striker (a la Agüero) IMO.
d. Félix is very versatile (a la Foden) and could develop and get game time in a number of positions (ST, AM, RW, LW).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.