Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Pep and Txiki are bluffing about wanting to keep him for a year to try and make Barca pay a little more. Who knows?

Hey Eric we just did the double over the Spanish team who are better than the one you are going to. Shut the door on your way out son

Barça will not pay for Eric Garcia the same as what City has invested in Ferran Torres (23 + 12), a player who was a 1st team player at Valencia (85 appearances vs 22)

If a reasonable agreement is not found, around 10 million, the club will wait for him to be freely signed in January

Barça will not pay for Eric Garcia the same as what City has invested in Ferran Torres (23 + 12), a player who was a 1st team player at Valencia (85 appearances vs 22)

If a reasonable agreement is not found, around 10 million, the club will wait for him to be freely signed in January

Probably end up 15m+Addons

Which would mean that you would finally get your player when he has turned twenty and has played no meaningful football for over a season. That would have an impact on how quickly you can incorporate him into your team and utilise him, so for all the media posturing, I cannot see you desiring that and we won’t want him hanging around.

I don't disagree. I can only assume all of this is public negotiating but strange at the same time since all those involved know eachother quite well. How it can play out is clear and Pep & Txiki know full well no board would be open to overpaying much less market value for a player of their own who left despite being prioritized (Going out the backdoor, as it were). Eric knows this and certainly Pep & Txiki do too

I was thinking again about how Pep described the announcement of Garcia and I couldn't decide if it was anger or disappointment from him but I also cannot imagine this going beyond summer. There are negative consequences for City to hold onto a player in Eric's situation since I do not see it equal to Leroy, for example

Txiki is sharp, certainly sharper than our sporting reps so I think it gets done quickly, and hopefully without too much bad blood - would not be good for anyone

Thing is. The reason Garcia is more valuable to us than his ability suggests. Is that he is club trained and doesn't take a foreign spot. Which means that we wouldn't be able to replace him with another foreign CB.

So Pep might decide that he is worth more as cover for Koulibaly (or whoever we sign). Even for a year. Than say 10m in cash. Which is nothing to us.

I don't disagree. I can only assume all of this is public negotiating but strange at the same time since all those involved know eachother quite well. How it can play out is clear and Pep & Txiki know full well no board would be open to overpaying much less market value for a player of their own who left despite being prioritized (Going out the backdoor, as it were). Eric knows this and certainly Pep & Txiki do too

I was thinking again about how Pep described the announcement of Garcia and I couldn't decide if it was anger or disappointment from him but I also cannot imagine this going beyond summer. There are negative consequences for City to hold onto a player in Eric's situation since I do not see it equal to Leroy, for example

Txiki is sharp, certainly sharper than our sporting reps so I think it gets done quickly, and hopefully without too much bad blood - would not be good for anyone
You have not got a pot to piss in, you're skint.

It shows how you have fallen when your priority signing of the summer is a virtually untried kid.

You are in a desperate position financially, and in terms of infrastructure and football.

I feel your pain lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.