Kalidou Koulibaly

I'd agree with that. Looks to me as if he could do with a 4-5 weeks to get up to speed both with the system and the different pace of the game. I imagine the plan must have been to have Garcia and Laporte see us through until he was ready, so presumably, now, Fernandinho/Ake/Laporte will have to rotate until October.

I fear you are right.

Hope Garcia has fucked off before then.

This lad is rubbish. Can’t imagine City going anywhere near him. Napoli obviously want to offload him and see City as a soft touch or a tool to up his price, which is dropping like a stone in this game. Playing like a clown.

giphy.gif

Alot of you have a go at Harry Maguire on here by the sounds of it, but he was Pep's choice last season and he's one of the most solid defenders around regardless of the criticism on here. Yet, because he plays for United there's so many on here slating him.

He's definitely improved United defensively and is a leader from the back. Pep knows exactly what he is doing, make no mistakes about it.

I think they should just tell Pep to go out for a meal, on the club, while they decide who we bring in at cb.

If they'd done that with Pellegrini I'm pretty sure we'd have Van Dijk rather than Otamendi.

Kompany was woeful at Anfield in 2014, in what was billed as a title deciding game; we’re in the next round of the Champions League because one of the most decorated central defenders in football history gifted us two goals last night - these things happen to defenders.

He’s still substantially better than anything else available to us on the market. The asking price is daft, but realistically we won’t be paying it, and Koulibaly’s frustration at being kept there during his prime years due to his prohibitive cost - especially now he has his last chance to challenge for trophies at a big club in a legitimate league - is probably impacting on his form.

Kompany was woeful at Anfield in 2014, in what was billed as a title deciding game; we’re in the next round of the Champions League because one of the most decorated central defenders in football history gifted us two goals last night - these things happen to defenders.

He’s still substantially better than anything else available to us on the market. The asking price is daft, but realistically we won’t be paying it, and Koulibaly’s frustration at being kept there during his prime years due to his prohibitive cost - especially now he has his last chance to challenge for trophies at a big club in a legitimate league - is probably impacting on his form.

Seems so.

Either that or he's living under a hedge, with John Stones

Bit crazy that some folk are writing him off but raving about Ake. One just lost to Barca in CL and has won the Italian cup the other just got relegated with Bournemouth. Not got much of an issue with Ake btw just saying Koulibaly is another level

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.