Zack Steffen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only to pour water on the fire. If any player ends up being decent for city then of course I don’t give a shit who he is or where he came from. My comments at the beginning of the thread were posted out of my bias for blooding youngsters as I’ve said above

Bias for youth is one thing when your comparing players of equal quality or at least one that is ready for the first time but when you end up slagging off another city player and making comments that do not make sense and make you look like you do not watch football then its just a bit silly

Bias for youth is one thing when your comparing players of equal quality or at least one that is ready for the first time but when you end up slagging off another city player and making comments that do not make sense and make you look like you do not watch football then its just a bit silly

I watch a lot of football mate, hence why I’m on a football forum. Ha.

Let’s see who is right.

I’ve honestly only seen highlights and I’m basing it on the fact he’s 25 and done nothing of note. Equally I’m clouded by my desire to see city blood more youngsters and I think Gazunu could genuinely be a very good goalie.

I’m well aware I could be absolutely wrong about Zack and my comments should 100% be taken with a pinch of salt.

How much have you seen of Ganzunu

Not done anything of note yet is an international and getting rave reviews in a top top league. prior to that was doing a good job in a decent league

What do you consider something of note ? Do the same things apply to all players regardless of the club they are at or the position they play in for example I would say it might be note worth for a player to be bought for a high fee by a big club even if they have not yet reached a high point or done much but look decent or you might have a player who does virtually nothing his whole career but scores a winner in a cup final. What about goalies lots of them barely play his signing for city could be considered note worth as could his reviews in the Germany and possibly even the MLS

How much have you seen of Ganzunu

Not done anything of note yet is an international and getting rave reviews in a top top league. prior to that was doing a good job in a decent league

What do you consider something of note ? Do the same things apply to all players regardless of the club they are at or the position they play in for example I would say it might be note worth for a player to be bought for a high fee by a big club even if they have not yet reached a high point or done much but look decent or you might have a player who does virtually nothing his whole career but scores a winner in a cup final. What about goalies lots of them barely play his signing for city could be considered note worth as could his reviews in the Germany and possibly even the MLS

Let it go Zack, I wish you well mate!

I watch a lot of football mate, hence why I’m on a football forum. Ha.

Let’s see who is right.

Not saying you do not watch a lot of football just saying making silly comments which you are now backtracking make it look like you do not watch much or just make silly comments for no reason

How much have you seen of youth lad you mentioned.

We will see who is right about what exactly ? Odds are we wont see much of either player unless Ederson gets an injury or they both go out on loan and it will be hard to compare them. Not that my point was about one being better than the other rather just Zack is good enough as a back up. Still not seen you explain whats wrong with him other than he is not from the youth team which is and you thought he was average without explaining why

Not saying you do not watch a lot of football just saying making silly comments which you are now backtracking make it look like you do not watch much or just make silly comments for no reason

How much have you seen of youth lad you mentioned.

We will see who is right about what exactly ? Odds are we wont see much of either player unless Ederson gets an injury or they both go out on loan and it will be hard to compare them. Not that my point was about one being better than the other rather just Zack is good enough as a back up. Still not seen you explain whats wrong with him other than he is not from the youth team which is and you thought he was average without explaining why

Man you're relentless. How many people on a forum stick to what they say regardless of evidence? I have admitted I know little of Zack and I was very quick to jump to a conclusion without knowing the facts and as it's been pointed out, he's had a great season, and therefore I've admitted I might have got it wrong. Is that so bad?

As I said to you before I based my opinion solely on my admiration of Bazunu, who, as you keep asking, I've watched quite a bit of as I used to regularly go and watch our youth sides. I'm also close to someone involved in our academy and so I feel quite informed on our younger players. Where I was wrong, was that I made a judgement on another one of our reserve players who I know little to nothing about. The internet is full of people making ill-informed comments so I don't know why this is such a bone of contention for you. Regardless, my quick assumption, as I have said before, was based on the fact I didn't know him and most players who are very promising I'll have heard of before they turn 25. Maybe he's a late bloomer. Maybe he's slipped under my radar. But for the peace of Bluemoon and my sanity I apologise for undervaluing him!

I know absolutely nothing avout Zack Steffen.

But the fact we have not been linked with absolutely any goal keeper or even mentioned to be looking at that position, when it is known Bravo is leaving and Carson's spell ends as well, makes me think the club have decided to give him a go at 2nd choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.