Add Bluemoon "app" shortcut on mobile

Ric

Administrator
Posted this in another thread, but thought it was probably worth a sticky too for anyone not familiar with how to do this.

You can also easily add a shortcut on your mobile so that the forum effectively works as an app, to save you having to type in the address each time. There's a simple guide here: https://www.turitop.com/how-to-save...my-smartphone-android-ios-and-windows-mobile/.

Definitely worth doing as it makes things much easier.

On my phone at least (Android 10) you go to the website and tap the 3 dots (menu) and then select 'Add to Home screen'. Change the name if needed and select 'Add', then 'Add Automatically' or touch and hold to place it manually.

On my phone at least (Android 10) you go to the website and tap the 3 dots (menu) and then select 'Add to Home screen'. Change the name if needed and select 'Add', then 'Add Automatically' or touch and hold to place it manually.
Yeah that's what I've done for years.

Tried adding again and it comes up as a B, my original save has the ship logo so it's business as usual with my old link.

Posted this in another thread, but thought it was probably worth a sticky too for anyone not familiar with how to do this.

You can also easily add a shortcut on your mobile so that the forum effectively works as an app, to save you having to type in the address each time. There's a simple guide here: https://www.turitop.com/how-to-save...my-smartphone-android-ios-and-windows-mobile/.

Definitely worth doing as it makes things much easier.
You really want to make it easier for nutjobs like me to post on here?

:)

If you have the Microsoft Edge app on your Android phone then you can set BM as a favourite, or as a page in a collection. You can also have it pop up at the top of the screen when you select open new tab (+).

Any ideas how to get rid of the 'Add Bluemoon to home screen' message that pops up on every page.
Please don't say just add it, problem solved.

Any ideas how to get rid of the 'Add Bluemoon to home screen' message that pops up on every page.
That shouldn't be happening. What device are you on mate?

I removed it from my home screen and tried the site on Android/Chrome but couldn't replicate it.

That shouldn't be happening. What device are you on mate?
Using latest version of chrome on an oppo phone running Android.

Edit. I've deleted cookies browsing history etc and it seems to have gone for now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.