Kalidou Koulibaly

I don't know, whether it's the correct decision with Koulibaly or not, It's definitely a pattern with City that haggling has lead to missing out on targets. Van Dijk we did the same thing and that doesn't look a great decision in hindsight. We definitely have a bee in our bonnet about paying big fees. That we've never spent 70 mil on a player in this day and age is kind of nuts and ultimately is going to box you out of the discussion for top players.

The dippers tapped up Van Dick and he wanted only them

He even put a City top on as an April’s fool

No point in pursuing a lost cause

I think the frustrating thing is the overall outlay on the defence has been huge. How many CBs we have purchased over the past decade that haven’t been up to it? If Koulibaly is one that the club think is the man, just pay it. We have had so many “cheaper” options with very few paying off and we typically end up having to replace them with another.

Yeah like I'm all for deals if you can get them, the ferran Torres deal is to me one of the best pieces of business anyone's done in a while, but I also think sometimes it will boil down to either getting hosed by the selling club or walking away. And we choose walking away every time, I think its going to be difficult to sign world class players with that model.

So, in other news, apparently United reckon they could get him for €70m. Coincidentally midway between €60m and €80m - I wonder where that figure was dreamt up from...

If only we had that negotiating wizard Ed in our corner!

Quick paraphrasing for you lot:

We've officially bid 55 million euro and they're saying reaching a compromise seems complicated (at this point) cuz Di Laufuckface wants 90.

Guardiola's not offering a wage more different than he's receiving at Napoli, and he lives good in Naples.

The conditions are not present to allow KK to leave, even though signs have indicated his departure.

Last edited:
De Laurentiis knows what he's doing. One of those clubs paid something similar for a less capable defender not so long ago. With that said, I hope they get him so they can field a 80 and 90 million pound defenders together.

Yes, and in those days Napoli qualified for the Champions League and could rely on steady income from gate revenue...

the mangala hit we took is a big scare for me at £70 million
i know its not the same and he is a better player koulibaly ? but unknown in the premier league and we all know you don't get time on the ball the premier league ? its a league that finds your weakness fast and can make you look daft very quickly

if they are saying they want the £100 million or nothing then walk away ? and if they come back say £50 million haha
must be other world class defenders out there ? we should never look desperate and the nathan ake signing gives us options and maybe stones can find his form again

the mangala hit we took is a big scare for me at £70 million
i know its not the same and he is a better player koulibaly ? but unknown in the premier league and we all know you don't get time on the ball the premier league ? its a league that finds your weakness fast and can make you look daft very quickly

if they are saying they want the £100 million or nothing then walk away ? and if they come back say £50 million haha
must be other world class defenders out there ? we should never look desperate and the nathan ake signing gives us options and maybe stones can find his form again

He has the physicality and footballing ability to cope in the Premier League, and he has it upstairs to play our way.
There aren’t any world class defenders available. Koulibaly isn’t world class, which is why we’ll not agree a cash/player deal above €60m, but Guardiola might be able to make him so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.