COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not look like they have got the hamster working at the website yet - so if we end up getting two days data in one go if they do fix it later then the numbers for the NW and GM could well be really scary. Hope not.

29 new cases in Northern Ireland today. Most in a while. It used to be 2 or 3 a day. Last Wednesday it was 10.

what was the difference? I've heard gossip on here but never anything soild.

i have read a number of articles that state the German system for Covid on death certificates very much leans towards covid being a more significant contributor to death plus there needs to be a positive test (so some are missed). I do not read German so cannot verify this on their health website.

In the UK, and you could read this on the gov website, it was always the case that positive covid at any point would be a covid death (recently highlighted in the press) PLUS the certificate could, and still can, have covid on it as cause purely on the doctir's opinion, without a positive test result.

An interesting new figure I found that supports the lack of translation of cases into hospital case numbers is the total daily cases being found by pillar 1 tests. These are done by the NHS usually with cases presented to them already ill and so needing quick ID as to being Covid or not for purposes of treatment, as opposed to sending them off somewhere to await the result in a day or two.

Though this is not a clearcut distinction it is telling that the number of such tests which lead to the discovery of a positive case has fallen steadily over recent weeks. In early July it was 226 and six weeks on (yesterday) it was 96.

Website up!

New cases down to 1009.

But that is well over 2000 cases to account for in the updates.

All settings deaths 77.

This is up again on last Wednesday when it was 65 - 15 hospital + 50 out of hospital

So today it is 11 hospital + 66 out of hospital.

A little cocerning that out of hospital deaths seem to be going daily in the opposite direction to hospitals.

Unless I can find a way to split they are not giving access to separate days in the numbers added to regions or towns.

So these will be two day totals over the 2100 + cases over these two days.

So expect a ginormous NW add on and no real way to know if there were more yesterday than today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.