Champions League Quarter Final Games 12-15th August

Mbappe will destroyed our defense. You stop him and this psg is absolutely nothing. Get walker to man mark him, speed for speed and this psg team is horrible as we saw first half

And on a positive note WÈ will destory theirs
Seen fk all to be worried about.

from watching tonight's game its fitness over skill that will win the champions league

manchester city playing in the premier league are properly the fittest team maybe munich could be also another
but the spainish teams and PSG are going to struggle after 55 minutes if they are chasing when facing a better team
PSG will not get a easy ride in the semi and will need Mbappe to score a couple early or face burning out when having to go for 90 minutes or more

manchester city will need to learn fast that its game management is key and no sloppy cock ups at the back
and why not go on to win it ? we have enough quality and pace and fitness, its just that good old lady luck that scares me

Mbappe will destroyed our defense. You stop him and this psg is absolutely nothing. Get walker to man mark him, speed for speed and this psg team is horrible as we saw first half

Haha.. I wrote my second post before seeing yours.

suffice to say I agree but I still think as many problems as he would cause us we as a team would cause them more.

If we don’t at least ‘dilute’ his threat the game could become uncomfortably close with a good chance of us losing.

Basically if we could just stifle some output for 90 mins I think we beat them and maybe comfortably.

I would play a slightly deeper line much like we did at Anfield a few years back when we should have won if it weren’t for a missed pen (FFS Mahrez). As you say I would have Walker on him as much as possible. Mbappe never faces anyone as explosive and quick and strong as he is... Walker is just as beastly in that department and is pretty much the only defensive player on the planet that I could think of where my money wouldn’t necessarily be on Mbappe getting the better of them athletically.

If we get there, another performance like Madrid from Walker would be most welcome :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.