Harry Kane

Us outscoring the league every year is a bit misleading because we win a lot 5/6/7/8-0, but its not in those games we struggle. Its the games that are tight and decided by one goal where we need that clinical finish when Kun is missing
We have to play what I would called 15/20 serious games a season, ie teams that will give us a real match, the rest of the games it's just a matter of how many we score.
The serious games are the problem, the matches were we have to take the chances, something this season we have failed to do far too often. Our defence is rightly criticised, but I think our strikers/ AMF are just as guilty.

With the service he'd get at City,I can only seeing him score a shit load.
As others have said though,injuries would be a worry.
Saying that though,I think he gets pushed to play at Spuds and I don't see Pep doing that.

Saying that though,I think he gets pushed to play at Spuds and I don't see Pep doing that.

Exactly his worst seasons forpremier league appearances are 28 and 29 starts.So hardly the sick note he’s being painted as with Pep’s rotation he probably wouldn’t be picked to start for 8/9 league games anyway.

not fit to lace Aguero's boots

His goal record and hold up play beg to differ. Prime Aguero of a few years ago and I’d agree but he certainly could match Sergio for contribution now and would probably beat him for goals in a great side.

His goal record and hold up play beg to differ. Prime Aguero of a few years ago and I’d agree but he certainly could match Sergio for contribution now and would probably beat him for goals in a great side.

stats mean nothing.

Sergio has played against 10 man packed defences for at least the last 3 seasons

Hold up play isnt something we require...linking play is and Sergio has adapted very well to that....he is more mobile than Kane whereas Kane is a purely central striker and the main man whereas Sergio (again for the last 3 seasons) hasnt been - he is part of a unit.

Ask anyone in the game besides your most diehard spurs fans who they would rather have - Aguero or Kane and id bet virtually every football fan baring those spurs fans would say Aguero

People seem to be righting Aguero off cause he is injured - his goal scoring this season wasnt looking too shabby before that injury (think he was maybe 1 goal behind Raheem at the time or something like that)

If Aguero leaves next Summer, as I expect him to do, we are going to be left in the shit and faced with paying well over the odds trying to replace him.

We really need to foresee this situation and get somebody in this Summer.

For me, Kane is an absolute guaranteed success here. He works his bollocks off at Spurs. I'd be shocked if he wants to be there anymore with zero prospects of winning trophies.

Last edited:
We play far more games than Spurs and at much quicker intense tempo.

If we pay 120m plus he is not coming to make the numbers up, the pressure on him would be intense and the pressure if injured to return quickly would be greater than at Spurs.

Great player, but a very risky signing.

No. I would rather we stick to what we have got for a season. Scoring goals isn't a major issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.