Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy for us all to have a pop at the line up and tactics, and I certainly have, but I'd genuinely love to know what pep was thinking tonight.

He's just explained it in an interview with BT Sport.

Changed it to cover the weak points, our defending in the channels, which is also their strong point. (Basically he didn't think we could defend them with a back 4).

Was happy the way we played in the first 10-15 minutes, and then at the end of the first half and beginning of the second half when they "unblocked" a bit and started playing. Added one more attacking player to the system in Mahrez and was happy with the formation.

For the sake of being contrarian just here, they carved us open to score twice after we really started pushing for the second. I think the formation and being counter wary was sensible although timid.

I'd wager the issue tonight was a bunch of not properly motivated footballers, as opposed to a specific system. Maybe the system itself leant into that mindset.

He's just explained it in an interview with BT Sport.

Changed it to cover the weak points, our defending in the channels, which is also their strong point.

Was happy the way we played in the first 10-15 minutes, and then at the end of the first half and beginning of the second half. Added one more attacking player to the system in Mahrez and was happy with the formation.
Time to go then.

That was a disgrace.

Pep changes in this competition, just not the same manager you get in the league. I think the years of not winning at us and Bayern have started to get to him I think and he tries to hard to 'win' the game rather than just doing what we always do. It's hard to say he's not failed in the CL at City really.

Apparently I'm the only Manchester City fan who saw us lose to Arsenal, Southampton, Wolves, Spurs, United, Norwich etc. while playing 433 vs very similar sides to Lyon.

the worse thing is that these people are so clueless.

it's actually so sad lol.

we played Arsenal in the league on June 17th, beat them 3-0

Then Arsenal play a Back-3 system in the FA Cup semifinal, and we go the whole he with like 2 shots on Target, and we got counter-attacked to hell.

I am as frustrated as anyone but I can see some logic in his selection.
The entire season we've played our usual game against this sort of opposition and lost. If we did that tonight we'd have called him clueless for not changing it. lose-lose this for him, the team simply isn't capable of playing against such teams (which is of course partly his fault).

I love him and want him to sign a new contract but tonight was his fault, we were up against it from the start. Just the wrong setup.

Got roasted when I criticized him in the past. Lucky coach, he fed off the best Barça team ever. Overthinks the line up, rotates stupidly and puts unnecessary pressure on the players. A big bottle job in CL bar with barça and that was down to their dream team. Has got to be sacked. Getting knocked out by 7th of French league is criminal to say the least. Our weakness has been our defense and yet he could not fix it. I am lost for words, I just want to see the back of him.

Yeah - inherited the core of the Spain dynasty, Eto’o, Toure, Henry plus the best of all time in Messi, spent a lot of money too. UEFA also robbed Chelsea in the 2009 semi - his ‘genius’ was massively circumstantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.