Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Laporte continues to be a worry in the big games, never a fucking pass on in there.

Three weeks until the new season and we have never been so ill-prepared in the last decade.

Falling to pieces in 1 quarter final can happen.

Doing it twice in a row? That's a worrying trend.

I agree. Now I’m not going to get the fanny wipes out but he said nothing when prompted about going again next year. My initial thought was that I didn’t like the sound of it.

yes also noticed that, but might just have been too raw to think about.

Can't believe there are City fans saying they'd be livid if the goal was ruled out. Legged up the last man just after an offside player dummied the ball which fooled the back line into stopping. I think I'd accept we'd have been bloody lucky to have the VAR ignore both and let the goal stand, in fact I'd be shocked if it stood.

I just wish for once we had a game were we didn't have to talk about VAR, would City have scored the 2nd goal that looked to be coming or would Lyon have found confidence from nearly breaking through on the counter... We'll never know now. Still no excusing that first half, we haven't done well at all chasing games this season and other teams know it.

Peps interview was bullshit, he said he felt we played well first half, hopefully that’s just a sound bite for the media because it’s deeply worrying if he thought his plan was solid tonight. Kdb’s interview will tell you a completely different story

We created enough to win the game.

It's not Pep's fault we missed a number of really good chances.

It's not Pep's fault Walker played them onside for their 1st.

It's not his fault their 2and goal was incorrectly given.

It's also not Pep's fault that Ederson turned into a sunday league goalie at the most inopportune moment for their 3rd.

The players didn't do their jobs mate.

But it’s Peps fault we spent 55 minutes playing in a formation the players aren’t used to and were very visibly struggling with. He handicapped us severely tonight, got it badly badly wrong, took far too long to change it back and didn’t change it enough when he did and then asked his players to dig him out of the hole he’s dug himself. It’s entirely on Pep

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.