Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Pellegrini finished 4th with 66 points, level with the rags.
In purely European terms Pellegrini was the best manager we have had in most of our life times. We have undeniably gone backwards in Europe since those heady days of losing a semi final by one goal over 180 minutes to the best team in the world at the time. And all that while managing us knowing he was being sacked at the end of the season. A true City legend.

Top clubs slip up sometimes. It happens.

But when we go out to Lyon and our supporters aren't remotely surprised...

Hell, most of us knew this was likely to happen the moment we saw the lineup. Most of us thought, at least on some level, "Oh shit, Pep's overthought it again". And we were proven right.

When getting knocked out of the UCL by inferior teams ceases to be shocking, something is seriously wrong.
This hit the bail on the head, if we go out to s great Bayern then faif enough but this Lyon tram wete a gift opponent. Although pissed at Pep don't think there is anyone better out thete and yet again VAR ?

I can’t EVER get behind a manager who thinks Gundogan is a decent player and justified 90 minutes tonight.

i can get behind Pep but completely with you on Gundogan - he was again part of the problem - offering nothing offensively or defensively - problem is you can normally nullify that with the creativity of others but Pep then played Rodri and Ferna there as well!

I see your points but I just think if we go with our normal game and use the energy of foden and Bernardo we win easily. We had very little control that first half.

walker was there because he does t know how to play wing back and dinho doesn’t know how to play in a back 3.

no excuse for sterlings miss but we have them in us every game. Second goal was pure corruption.

I think if the Sterling chance goes in, we go on to win and everyone says "Pep masterclass".

That's how thin the line is in this competition.

A lot of posters are posting out of emotion and frustration.

We had the chances to win the game, but didn't take them.

I just cant see how that can be the manager's fault.

On another day those chances fall to Aguero, he smashes them in and we're all sat here buzzing and pretending we're going to beat Bayern.

In the last four years our defensive frailties have cost us every time in the Champions League. Even tonight, Pep tried to go with a safety first approach but we still conceded three. Looking at the side we have played the aging and slowing midfield great Fernandinho and a young inexperienced player, Garcia, at center back. We also had a right back playing left back. We have often had 70% of the play and still got beat. I'm thinking we need to play a little deeper with the deepest lying player being quick, strong, clever and an excellent one on one player. Too many teams are getting far too many one on one with the keeper chances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.