Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Agreed, that sitter aside I thought Sterling was one of our better players tonight. Then again, tends to go missing against the likes of Liverpool and United domestically so not sure you can really call him a "big-game player".
Hmmm. Not at his best against United but his last 3 league games against Liverpool have been quality:

Ran Robertson and VWD ragged in the 2nd half in the 2-1
Motm on here at Anfield in the 1-3
Won penalty and good goal in the 4-0

What's this Lyon is seventh in the league thing that league was abandoned with 10 games to play if they're that shit they won't be converting chances against us
If you look at the league table last season based on home form. The 2 worst home teams were Southampton and Norwich.

You don't need to be a good team to beat us

Tried to calm down but cant believe how sny TOP msnager can get it so wrong. I can see us winning the league agsin but honestly dont belirve well win CL with Pep as I think he has a bigger inferiority complex with us than he should have

I think it will be Pep that decides our future not us.

And to be fair,i wont begrudge him that. 2 great record breaking seasons.

Barcelona are in trouble on,and off the field.Pep is connected to Club emotionally.His wife hates Manchester.Plus Covid fundamentally changed his life,and outlook,

The lure from his spiritual home might be too great.With Pochetinho waiting in the wings.He might feel he needs to seize the opportunity or lose it.

I also think Barcelona would see Pep as a Fireman,mediating between all factions at the Club,putting out fires.Right man at the right time.Rather than risking upheaval with Pochetinho.

Where as we are still a work in progress and perfect for Pochetinho and a new direction.

It is possible there will be an amicable parting of the ways over the next couple of weeks.

It is a real possibility in my opinion.He has completed a 4 year cycle which he says is the lifespan of his style and tactics.

And he has always said he will return to Barcelona at the right moment.

This might be it.

We will see.

Changes little. We had all the wrong players out in all the wrong formation. Not what I personally expect from our manager in the biggest game of our season in probably our best chance of winning the European Cup.

This is true how many said fucking hell when they saw the team, then hopefully added we trust in Pep.
Well Pep well and truly messed up tonight and he and he alone is the reason we are out.
The first half was terrible and nothing like how City normally play. It was however what we all expected when we saw the team.
Subs made far too late again and then only one when when it screamed out for two or three.
Easy too talk in hindsight but many of us predicted this when we saw the team, but we are just mere football fanS not the alleged best manager in the world.
Got to add I'm a big Pep fan but he seems to have a mental block in Champions League knock out stages and he seriously messed up tonight.

I have a recurring nightmare of City feebly being knocked out of the Johnstone Paints Trophy by Curzon Ashton in 2055, with Gundogan still stinking out our midfield, occasionally knocking the ball sideways with his zimmer frame.
Pep will still pick him every single fucking week

I'm really not a fan, but I can't really give him shit tonight as I can't figure out what he was supposed to be doing & how, being Gundogan, he was expected to do it.

His position just looked like he was playing Foden or Bernardo's position to me, but with Gundogan instead.

It does feel as if we were saving their legs to play Bayern.

To not start Foden was a fucking disgrace BTW.
He's been our second best player since the restart. Vision, pace, skill, workrate and he knows where the goal is.
When he has not started we have lost.
Instead Pep plays Gundogon who was absolute dog shit tonight - and guess what we lost!

I think it will be Pep that decides our future not us.

And to be fair,i wont begrudge him that. 2 great record breaking seasons.

Barcelona are in trouble on,and off the field.Pep is connected to Club emotionally.His wife hates Manchester.Plus Covid fundamentally changed his life,and outlook,

The lure from his spiritual home might be too great.With Pochetinho waiting in the wings.He might feel he needs to seize the opportunity or lose it.

I also think Barcelona would see Pep as a Fireman,mediating between all factions at the Club,putting out fires.Right man at the right time.Rather than risking upheaval with Pochetinho.

Where as we are still a work in progress and perfect for Pochetinho and a new direction.

It is possible there will be an amicable parting of the ways over the next couple of weeks.

It is a real possibility in my opinion.He has completed a 4 year cycle which he says is the lifespan of his style and tactics.

And he has always said he will return to Barcelona at the right moment.

This might be it.

We will see.
Give it up ffs,obvious as fuck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.