Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you care what BT Sport say tonight, do you?
They backed up what we were all saying during the game and before the game,he left all of our creative attackers on the bench,i said exactly what would happen prematch,i said they are about to score first before they did,I got everything right before kick off,you are dying on this hill pretty much on your own,we had plenty of fast players in the middle ,bernie for instance,i insisted it was a mistake to not play him before kick off

now look ,i am far from an expert,in fact most of what I post is bollocks but I can see what he did spurs and dippers away and repeated again as soon as the team came out,he loses his head and tries to make the players play in an alien way,he should trust them and himself and let them impose themselves not run and hide behind every slow defenders that we have

It is fucking rich him saying we have to accept it,kev knew we were set up al l wrong,i hope they had a Frank discussion at half time,leaving it till well into the second half then put the wrong player on when we had creative attackers sat on their arse s was woeful,what a shit way to see Dave leave and it is al! on him

fuck him

Reminds me of when Mourinho got old, he's haunted by past failings and can't get over it. He had the near perfect model 2 years ago and we let a coach attack and off field politics go unchecked, the result being we've looked to the pitch for failings that were barely there and in 2 years he's managed to completely disassemble what he built.

4-2-3-1, blistering wingers, high tempo and a ruthless spine who took no shit. Simple as that.

Reminds me of when Mourinho got old, he's haunted by past failings and can't get over it. He had the near perfect model 2 years ago and we let a coach attack and off field politics go unchecked, the result being we've looked to the pitch for failings that were barely there and in 2 years he's managed to completely disassemble what he built.

4-2-3-1, blistering wingers, high tempo and a ruthless spine who took no shit. Simple as that.
I am hoping signings like Koulibaily and Torres are some way towards going back to that. Get a back four of Walker, Laporte, Kouli and Mendy on the pitch for a run of games. Add to the midfield with Aouar or at least play Foden/Bernardo in with Rodri then Torres, KDB and Sterling with Jesus up top.

I am hoping signings like Koulibaily and Torres are some way towards going back to that. Get a back four of Walker, Laporte, Kouli and Mendy on the pitch for a run of games. Add to the midfield with Aouar or at least play Foden/Bernardo in with Rodri then Torres, KDB and Sterling with Jesus up top.

High tempo, etc... with a back four including Laporte, Kouli and Mendy, two of those three can't run. The only hope you'll have my love is Bob Hope;)

It means central defenders. He thought Laporte and Garcia on their own would get done, like they did vs. Arsenal so he wanted another CB in there.

Should have started Walker central then, or not play a high line; he’s full of excuses, as always. Maybe he should have spent some of the £180m he blew on Rodri, Cancelo and Mahrez on a proper mobile centreback, or recycled Stones rather than stockpiling players.

The club has done everything to facilitate him succeeding - he’s had the most complete squad English football has ever seen, and has underachieved. Klopp has gotten to 3 Champions League finals since Pep’s last one, despite never having the same depth of quality available to him.

As he did with Bayern, he’s flattered to deceive; collecting titles with the best squad in the league isn’t achievement, it’s inevitible - Mancini and Pellegrini could have done that with Pep’s £700m investment - and did so with less.

He was ultimately brought here to win the Champions League, and has failed to even get close. He had the audacity to compare us to Villarreal - that’s the level of club the arrogant prick belongs at.

We lack genuine leadership. We lack physicality. We lack a plan B. We lack pace in vital areas. We lack a kitchen sink to throw at teams when we need to get back into a game. We lack those big balls Stones used to have. We lack accountability when it goes wrong. We need a statement signing to shake things up, I dont mean a young player with potential I mean someone who is already the business.

Pep might have done it, got the tee-shirt etc in the Chumps League, but there's always something new to learn. In his after match chat, his words included something to the effect "you can't make mistakes in the Champions League, if you want to win it". Well then, he could do with looking in the mirror as maybe he should have started with the team that beat Real Madrid?

Definitely need a reboot and I would definitely give Pep one more crack.
At some point we need to accept that pep is awful in the cl and decide if we want to just be dominant in the league or if we want to push on in the champions league. Personally i couldn't gaf about the champions league but the higher ups at the club clearly do.

At some point we need to accept that pep is awful in the cl and decide if we want to just be dominant in the league or if we want to push on in the champions league. Personally i couldn't gaf about the champions league but the higher ups at the club clearly do.

Team is partly to blame with a makeshift defence plus Laporte being our major problem and not having the right mentality (which seemed odd when we beaten Real over both legs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.