Most Humiliating Defeats

Fame Monster

Might be a stretch for some to think this is up there but I was at the Middlesbrough 8-1 game and I've seen us beaten by the likes of Wycombe at Maine Road and second division sides but for me, this result is right up there due to the talent we have in our squad. We're not little ol' City of the 90s anymore and we have a style and way of playing and an expectation to at least play with some pride against a team like Lyon and not set up like a Tony Pulis team against them. Couldn't believe what I saw last night so this result is right up there in terms of humiliating defeats. What's yours?

Couldn't agree more, mate. There comes a point where we've got to get over saying “Look how far we've come!” It's nice for us to remember that but, ultimately, it's wellnigh irrelevant to all except the old timers among us. This club has aspirations to sit at the top table. They were clearly set out the day we bought Robinho. Domestically, we are at the top table: that is so and has been so for most of the last decade. In Europe, it is most emphatically not so.
More than fifty years on and we are most definitely not terrifying Europe. Sometimes, we're the ones that look terrified!

8-1 the players mailed it in because SGE was leaving which was unprofessional more than embarrassing.

Last night the manager decided to kill us before a ball was kicked and intimated that he doesn't trust his players. Not really embarrassing, just really strange.

Reactions: dom
Couldn't agree more, mate. There comes a point where we've got to get over saying “Look how far we've come!” It's nice for us to remember that but, ultimately, it's wellnigh irrelevant to all except the old timers among us. This club has aspirations to sit at the top table. They were clearly set out the day we bought Robinho. Domestically, we are at the top table: that is so and has been so for most of the last decade. In Europe, it is most emphatically not so.
More than fifty years on and we are most definitely not terrifying Europe. Sometimes, we're the ones that look terrified!
Would have felt so much better if Pep would have shown that we didn’t give a flying one about Lyon And tried to batter them. We were unbelievably timid.

Bury at home, my second favourite team and the one i was allowed to watch as a boy as moss side was out of bounds . No heart , skill or spirit . York away nearly as bad especially pre match eating some of the worst Chips ive ever had and throwing them away ( sacrilege) .

You think last night was humiliating? Nah. Losing at Shrewsbury and Halifax in successive seasons in the cup in the late 70s. Losing a cup final to a team that was relegated 3 or 4 days later. Losing 8-1 at Middlesbrough. Losing at home to Wycombe Wanderers. IN THE LEAGUE, not a cup tie. Being 12th (I think) in the third tier of English football.

THEY were humiliating. Last night was bloody annoying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.