Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Had he not tried to tinker with City's set-up I think we'd have beaten Lyon.

I think we'd have been easily beaten.

Just like we were playing our usual set up vs. Wolves (twice), United (twice) and Arsenal when we tried to play 433 against teams playing with Lyon's set up and tactics.

Had he not tried to tinker with City's set-up I think we'd have beaten Lyon.

Ach who knows. Had just one of those margial breaks gone for us rather than against us, we could have beaten them anyway. Or we coulda gone full attack mode and still got suckerpunched and lost on a counter.

I didn't like the lineup or tactics, but ive seen the same posters who claim we should have stuck to our style criticise pep for being one dimensional and o ly ever sticking to one style, and being naive in CL.

Maybe losing this with such 'tinkering' provides a re-examining, wheress if we'd won it, it may have been the way forward.

Either way, fucking perverse to argue he shouldn't be our manager on the back of tbat lost game and exit from CL.

Really hope the clains of an extension are true. I've believed it coming since Feb, yet still can't allow myself to accept it till i see it officially confirmed.

He’s still the best manager in the world.

But let’s not dress it up, that team selection against Lyon was absolutely diabolical and he was directly responsible for us going out.

He’s got plenty of credit in the bank so of course we should be delighted and get behind him if he renews.

But if anyone thinks he’s beyond criticism and he’s doing us a favour by managing us, they need to work on their self-confidence.

Last edited:
How many times did fergie suffer a bad season only to refresh the squad and come back and totally dominate again for a good few seasons? Also fergie dropped numerous bollocks in important games which the rags were serious with never stopped them backing him to the hilt

He’s still the best manager in the world.

But let’s not dress it up, that team selection against Lyon was absolutely diabolical and he was directly responsible for us going out.

He’s got plenty of credit in the bank so of course we should be delighted and get behind him if he renews.

But anyone who thinks he’s beyond criticism and he’s doing us a favour by managing us, needs to work on their self-confidence.
He was the architect of 100 points but in trying to fix a defensive problem he damaged what we are best at. If we change the manager though we risk losing more so I'd take the flawed genius we know. We've still had a remarkable period under Pep and it can continue.

Absolutely. We were better than them man for man playing our system. So why fucking change it. I’m still so bloody angry.

We're better man for man than all the sides we lost to this season.

What kind of reasoning is that?

I swear I must have been watching a different side to everyone else all season, because the side I watched played 9 games vs teams playing 532 and only won 3 (1 while playing 5 at the back ourselves).

Did I not see Arsenal coast to victory playing the exact same game as Lyon just a few weeks ago when we played 433? Did United not beat us twice doing it? Wolves?

Why are people still pretending we would have just walked to victory by doing something that's failed time and time again all season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.