Kalidou Koulibaly

Maybe the club saw his performance against Barca and are having second thoughts? Or maybe they think it reduces his value? Because based on that performance, he clearly isn't the saviour you're making him out to be.

Yeah maybe, but again it was Messi. Even Ramos and VVD had problems against him. There’s a reason they call him the best in the world.

Mbappe turned us down in 2017 why on earth would he come now? He's a Madrid poster boy and no other team will come close in terms of signing him.
[/QUOTE
For mbappe, read any young star we might like to sign, I was replying to someone who doesn't give a "fuck", how much we spend on a player, but it actually does have an effect on future purchases.

How can you say Koulibaly is not worth £70m when Maguire went for £80m, and VVD for £75m?

That is what you have to pay to get the best players. The revenue from success should in theory pay for transfers such as these.

Agree. People act as if it’s their money.
The man has been the best defender in Italy for the past five years and people the think 70m euros is too much.

The club revealed they were willing to pay 41m for Nathan Aké. If they expect 55 is enough for this guy they’ll be disappointed.

How can you say Koulibaly is not worth £70m when Maguire went for £80m, and VVD for £75m?

That is what you have to pay to get the best players. The revenue from success should in theory pay for transfers such as these.
I couldn’t agree more. After the takeover we had to overpay to get people to come to us so that we could break through into the top 6. Now we are established we need to pay for those top players that will make the difference between just coming up short in the Chumps League and perhaps actually winning it. I don’t believe in overpaying for anyone but when a top player becomes available in a position you are desperate to fill I don’t think it is unreasonable to pay a few million over your transfer record fee. If we go into next season with our current defence how much will it potentially cost us in lost revenue from perhaps not going further in the CL or not closing the gap on the dippers ? We aren’t talking about paying £140+ million for Coutinho who we don’t need this is a key position in our team that needs a quality signing and we need to bite the bullet and go for him.

Rags absolutely got taken to the cleaners with Slabhead, VVD was both two years younger when he signed for the Candlelovers and a better player.

This is just another tale of fan idealism wanting us to throw huge money at something that won't actually fix the problem we have, because he's a big name and one defender will be the cure to everything that ails us.

Of course I'll welcome Koulibaly here if he does sign and cheer him on like anyone in a blue shirt, but it'll be a signing that smacks of desperation and ill thought.

You know I’m not the only one in this thread right? A lot of people are discussing this transfer. If you don’t like it, stay away.
To be fair, a lot of people are discussing the transfer, I only note one who is constantly wetting their knickers. To be the biggest knicker wetter in the land of knicker wetters is something for you to be proud of I suppose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.