Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

If this was any other big club in Europe Pep would have been sacked btw. Becoming more Pep FC and less Manchester City with this level of blind faith.
You think supporting a manager who's brought us more success than any other whilst treating us to some of the best football we've ever played is 'blind faith?'
I mean, come on, it's not been perfect and he's made mistakes but your post is a fucking joke, the kind I'd expect to read from some 14 year old Red from Singapore.

Compare City now to when Pep was appointed.

Question 1) Are we stronger or weaker?

Question 2) A little harder to answer...Are we still improving?

We have had one season of stalled growth. In part due to injury and bad luck. I don't see why we can not resume our upward trajectory. We all learn from experience and make mistakes along the way.

Compare City now to when Pep was appointed.

Question 1) Are we stronger or weaker?

Question 2) A little harder to answer...Are we still improving?

We have had one season of stalled growth. In part due to injury and bad luck. I don't see why we can not resume our upward trajectory. We all learn from experience and make mistakes along the way.

With Pep as our manager next season fans are expecting 1 trophy at least and probably the title without him we drop back to the pack and expectation wild drop for me because whoever we get will be a downgrade.

You think supporting a manager who's brought us more success than any other whilst treating us to some of the best football we've ever played is 'blind faith?'
I mean, come on, it's not been perfect and he's made mistakes but your post is a fucking joke, the kind I'd expect to read from some 14 year old Red from Singapore.

Ah yes let's resort to assuming someone is 12 posting from a country where supposedly only daft people reside. Nice one.

Football has changed a lot over past decade, Pep's style or tactics aren't unique in 2020 like they were when he first arrived in England. Blind faith is thinking it is Pep all the way or we go back to being a mid table club. Over-reliance is never good in football, history has shown this repeatedly. If a squad overhaul is necessary and we do not progress in CL despite that, it isn't foreign to think Pep has done his team and it's time for a change.

With Pep as our manager next season fans are expecting 1 trophy at least and probably the title without him we drop back to the pack and expectation wild drop for me because whoever we get will be a downgrade.
How do people actually believe this? You think these 50m players are only good because of Pep? They are quality players that will help us long term no matter who the manager is.

Should he stay on his current deal and leave at the end of this season or extend his contract , only one person knows the answer, step forward Mrs Zinchenco.

He's hardly doing a shit job though is he? He's the most succesful manager that we have ever had. Who do you think we could replace him with who would do better? This thing about he's only a success if he wins in Europe is bullshit, no other manager in this country gets measured on this. Most other managers don't win anything, he's won something every season exept the first, 19/20 season was unparalleled.

He has his faults, as does everyone, but for me he is still easily the best man for the job.
Who's saying he hasn't done anything or he has been a failure in creating an identity for this side and playing beautiful football?? Who's saying he's a bad manager?

There has to be a next step after those achievements, this isn't Fergie's era where no clubs invest as much and United continue to dry bum the league aside an odd year or two. Clubs invest nowadays and City have invested heavily to secure their future, if City have to go the next level, and with Pep, they have to do it in Europe, it is quite obvious, and despite having rather easier fixtures to at least progress he has sabotaged the quarter finals on 4 occasions, the first time, no team, the second team, oh well, it was Liverpool, alright, the third VAR and Spurs, what of Lyon now? At this point an exit next quarters is almost certain and no one would even be surprised.

The Fergie comparison is rubbish, we have to look at ourselves and our aims. Europe is the main aim of this project now that the side has established themselves in the league. Barça, Bayern, Juve sack their managers despite league victories only because they did not deliver CL, it's not to say City operate on those levels or are even as big a club, but to ask better of ourselves is necessary every season. It's the standards we have set. But yeah, let us call other idiots and maniacs for wanting that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.