It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
cause he wants to believe it possibly? Isnt he a utd fan? he would be desperate for it to be true
He spoke about this on the latest 'Why always us' podcast, the risk of writing some balls to the wall piece on how X or Y is signing is risky. Especially with someone like Messi it will just make him look like an idiot so hes just reporting what the club are saying.

At City's end its probably about 5/6 people involved in this deal, in Barcelona/Argentina there is a lot more being leaked it seems so thats why you are getting more journalists writing pieces.

I agree - you see multi millionaires hawking themselves to all sorts of shitholes for one last pay day... anyone would think they needed the money.
Not sure we’ll see the greatest ever player hawking himself around for money. His dedication to the game is obvious from what he’s achieved. I’m sure he’ll want his one last hurrah to be more about the football not about his bank balance.

cause he wants to believe it possibly? Isnt he a utd fan? he would be desperate for it to be true

I'm pretty sure he's on the record as saying he would absolutely love to watch Messi play every week and cover him, regardless of the club.

He's a United fan, but he's clearly gone native to some extent, he takes the club's side on almost everything, and the United fans hate him, think he's an absolute turncoat.

Thing is with his release clause it’s bit of a grey area with coronavirus and if we he went for nowt then they go to court are City willing to gamble that if you lose a court case we would have to pay the release clause or even half of it it be a disaster! So better to do some sort of deal if Messi really wants to leave and come to City.

I can't see how the deadline wouldn't be adjusted to the end of the covid-19 impacted season. For players due to join their new clubs on 1st July they couldn't play for them until the 2020/21 season commences so just because the date made them a player of x club, they weren't eligible. Surely, in a similar provision, the date so express your desire to leave the club should be adjusted to whatever is the new end of the season. There must be a force majeure provision in the contract which covers this. Messi has acted pretty quickly on this, for such a major decision, so must have had some advice on it.

I'm pretty sure he's on the record as saying he would absolutely love to watch Messi play every week and cover him, regardless of the club.

He's a United fan, but he's clearly gone native to some extent, he takes the club's side on almost everything, and the United fans hate him, think he's an absolute turncoat.

Hmmm - wolf in sheep's clothing springs to mind

I can't see how the deadline wouldn't be adjusted to the end of the covid-19 impacted season. For players due to join their new clubs on 1st July they couldn't play for them until the 2020/21 season commences so just because the date made them a player of x club, they weren't eligible. Surely, in a similar provision, the date so express your desire to leave the club should be adjusted to whatever is the new end of the season. There must be a force majeure provision in the contract which covers this. Messi has acted pretty quickly on this, for such a major decision, so must have had some advice on it.

The football season officially ended on Sunday. FIFA & UEFA have set calendars for transfer windows, start and end points for the season, international breaks etc. and they updated the international calendar because of coronavirus.

It very much depends on the wording. If it says end of season, Messi's free, if it says July 10th, he's got very little chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.