And the judge and the jury
They all put the blame on thee
They wouldn't go for your story
They wouldn't hear your plea...

Only Greece can set you free
'Cause you're guilty, guilty
Guilty as a shit can be
Come on slabhead can't you see
You stand accused of lies in the first degree...

I don't know Greek law so hopefully someone can clarify. According to the press, as he has appealed this has made the original verdict null and void. This can't be right Shirley? In that case you can, in theory, just keep on appealing every time a verdict goes against you and you will never get a sentance. Is my understanding correct or is it just media bullshit (not that the UK media would spout lies and untruths!!)

I don't know Greek law so hopefully someone can clarify. According to the press, as he has appealed this has made the original verdict null and void. This can't be right Shirley? In that case you can, in theory, just keep on appealing every time a verdict goes against you and you will never get a sentance. Is my understanding correct or is it just media bullshit (not that the UK media would spout lies and untruths!!)

It’s coming from the rags...

A statement from United read: "An appeal against yesterday's verdict was lodged this morning by Harry's legal team. In accordance with the Greek judicial process, the filing of an appeal extinguishes the initial court verdict and nullifies the conviction.
"The appeal has been accepted and will lead to a full retrial in a more senior court. This means that Harry has no criminal record and is once again presumed innocent until proven guilty.

"Accordingly, he is not subject to any international travel restrictions."

The appeals process is not open ended. If the court of last resort upholds the conviction, that is that.

The appeals process is not open ended. If the court of last resort upholds the conviction, that is that.
Thanks for that. It is different from what I am used to, the actual appeal has to be sucessful before overturning the original verdict in my experience.

A statement from United read: "An appeal against yesterday's verdict was lodged this morning by Harry's legal team. In accordance with the Greek judicial process, the filing of an appeal extinguishes the initial court verdict and nullifies the conviction.
"The appeal has been accepted and will lead to a full retrial in a more senior court. This means that Harry has no criminal record and is once again presumed innocent until proven guilty.

So if found guilty the punishment could be even more severe, maybe an actual custodial sentence

A statement from United read: "An appeal against yesterday's verdict was lodged this morning by Harry's legal team. In accordance with the Greek judicial process, the filing of an appeal extinguishes the initial court verdict and nullifies conviction.
"The appeal has been accepted and will lead to a retrial in a more senior court. This means that Harry has no criminal record and is once again presumed innocent until proven guilty.

BBC Breakfast speaking to a Greek correspondent
who states that slabhead has NOT been declared innocent. The conviction still stands.
This was in response to a question in which the presenter asked her to clarify what United had issued saying what Daft Harry's legal team had said.
So take your pick. Deliberate lies or completely incompetent. I can't wait for Harry to be in court with a sharp prosecutor pulling his lies apart. Perhaps an extra year or two for perjury or conspiring to pervert justice.
'I'm just wild about Harry......' ;)

Do not go to Mykonos people.

A very dangerous place with Albanian gangsters walking the streets stabbing and injecting girls.

Can’t belive this is not all over news, big warnings for tourists

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.