Harry Maguire found guilty in Greece

Do not go to Mykonos people.ted

A very dangerous place with Albanian gangsters walking the streets stabbing and injecting girls.

Can’t belive this is not all over news, big warnings for tourists
Yes. The Foreign Office should be warning everyone that brawling drinks get arrested.

I don't know Greek law so hopefully someone can clarify. According to the press, as he has appealed this has made the original verdict null and void. This can't be right Shirley? In that case you can, in theory, just keep on appealing every time a verdict goes against you and you will never get a sentance. Is my understanding correct or is it just media bullshit (not that the UK media would spout lies and untruths!!)
‘Tis indeed true

FO should be warning us of the cost of a night out. Greeks clearly trying to recover their economy from us Brits....
I doubt we spent as much as he did in a few hours
In all the times we've been to Greece.
But we've always had a great time never had a problem with the police or albino gangsters and we're always welcomed to do our bit for their beer economy.

‘Tis indeed true

At 0615 a Greek journalist is asked on BBC if slabbo is innocent and she plainly states 'no he has been convicted. The appeal does not nullify these convictions...it does not mean the conviction does not stand '.How clear is that? The fact the BBC wallah just finished without any further questions tells a story.
A couple of hours later the BBC website still maintained slabbo was cleared of the charges. A couple of hours later that article can't be found.

So it seems that a united press release said he had been cleared and our press have accepted that without questioning except the bbc this morning and they might be disregarding their own interview.
Did the Greek reporters and prosecutor both get their own law wrong or are the rags and media making up laws for the Greeks?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.