Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman is a club legend. His role is minor in the scheme of things

The chief architects of the club's dire situation is Bartomeu & Rosell, Grupo Godo (MD, RAC1 etc) are simply his propaganda machine

There's nothing to be cautious about, not sure what the apprehension is. Messi will no longer be playing for Barcelona, he leaves (officially) in a matter of days/weeks - he's already disseminated this info which means only his destination is unclear. Although I have been clear it will no question be City

Much will be written, damage control & propaganda narratives will look to mitigate the sporting/public disaster but even as a cule, I want Messi to be happy & express his game to provide us all the joy he can with his football. I have said this previously even in blaugrana colors, Leo is a gift for all - pure joy. So why wouldn't I want him to have the best possible situation he can, better still under Pep

My club has seen this myopic conservatism (aka Nuñezismo) before and much like in politics, these things regrettably go in cycles. It took Laporta to dig us out of the hole Nuñez put us in and one day similar will happen to repair the erosion orhcestrated by Rosell & Bartomeu - it just won't involve Messi

The interesting thing for Koeman is that if elections are indeed called earlier than Spring then his continuity is not guaranteed despite signing for 2 seasons, same applies irrespective if elections are not brought up sooner

Now, I will have to wait until Spring 2021 before perhaps getting a chance to see Messi live again...this time at the Etihad. Any tips for first time visitors to the city etc.? What about getting good seats?
How did it all go to shit seeing as a decade ago you were the best run club, with the best team and style of play the world has ever seen?

I read somewhere he's played more minutes this season than the past two seasons, he's definitely not slowing down. As I've alluded to before he could play until he is 40 as his game isn't about box to box or up and down the flanks, half the time he walks and half the time he stands still.
He's a fit 33 and only just turned 33 too.

This has a depressingly 'past tense' feel about it. Barca will offload because he isn't the player he was. I've just read a report in The Athletic and it suggests, sensibly, that a player's move is not always about money. Messi will have enough, even after the Spanish tax people have taken their share - the three 'f's - football, finance and family. He could spend a happy year with his and our mate, Sergio, get well paid for it, but what level of Football do we get. I would think it would not be the kind that Leo rolled out four or five years ago. I think it might be another Robinho moment, and if he can contribute like Robinho did (bar the away games) the football should be alright.
You make valid points up to mentioning Robinho, then you lost your argument totally.

The press will be happy with him being here - 'Messi snubs charitable foundations set up by Liverpool, Rags & Arsenal by refusing to donate his toe nail clippings'. They get the clicks from his name and can stick to their agenda.

It could be worse, he could be black...

A bit of an aside but I remember when the FA demanded that Rooney playing more game for. England much was made of the Wayne Rooney Foundation... always thought it was a bit of a fraud... turns out it is - pretty much closed down. The FA (and Rooney) are a disgrace.

Messi is the biggest sports star ever. He's a financial phenomenon.

We might get a load of fake fans in our stadium just coming to watch Lionel Messi, and it might be difficult to get a ticket to watch our side, and if you don't want that then go and support Hyde United.

If you want to be the biggest club in the world we need those fake fans to buy our merchandise like they do over the road at the swamp or at Barcelona. Messi would catapult us onto a level we never thought we'd be.

This. We’d better start reorganising the club shop and make the mail order service bigger. Incoming orders will be off the scale.

This has a depressingly 'past tense' feel about it. Barca will offload because he isn't the player he was. I've just read a report in The Athletic and it suggests, sensibly, that a player's move is not always about money. Messi will have enough, even after the Spanish tax people have taken their share - the three 'f's - football, finance and family. He could spend a happy year with his and our mate, Sergio, get well paid for it, but what level of Football do we get. I would think it would not be the kind that Leo rolled out four or five years ago. I think it might be another Robinho moment, and if he can contribute like Robinho did (bar the away games) the football should be alright.
Of course he isn't the player of 5 years ago but he's still got them magic feet, a turn of pace and can score a goal in a heartbeat.
He's box office on and off the pitch, we get him and we're elevated into another dimension.
It's a no brainer.

Barca are trying to keep him from what we are seeing. They’re offloading but at a price, that’s if it happens. If he contributes like Robinho did then the football will be average and one in 7 games something might happen. Strap in though because if that’s the levels you’re expecting you’re going to be extremely happy and surprised

How did it all go to shit seeing as a decade ago you were the best run club, with the best team and style of play the world has ever seen?

Shows how badly our club could go if soriano, txiki and khaldoon move on or are replaced by seemingly equally impressive people.
Impressive people want to leave a mark.
Can easily be a bad one.
Their continuity is far more important than the players or the manager.

Could we not see some creative accounting via Etihad for Messi’s wages that gets this over the line if there is a transfer fee to be paid? I hope they’ve changed the passwords if they do.

All of these people, should not be getting Messi for free, whilst we take all the risks.

All of the sponsors etc should be paying for it, between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.