Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true, and as it grows closer to being accepted, I predict that the majority of the world and certainly the British press, will start to put a negative slant on Messi. Of course, we will be criticised for it, but we expect that now. If there is no fee involved it will blunt their attack and they will just go after the wage factor.
I for one will sit in my armchair, with my brandy and cigar, stroking my white pussy and be wearing a self satisfied smile. Ha ha ha.
It's already started, mate.

Any article on Messi used to reference "the greatest player of all time".

Martin Ziegler's article today references "the most famous footballer in the world".

The "United can afford him but prefer Jadon Sancho" line is surely one of the must ridiculous in modern times?

Neil Ashton and David Gill have been working overtime the last couple of days.

Can’t believe yet but are we really signing MESSI ???

this will take our club to another level. I think the influence off the pitch will be much more. This will change the media narrative as well. The PL will be marketing the hell out of Messi as he also increases their brand.

Messi accelerates the progress of the club a few years and he’ll probably help us deliver the CL finally. Not to mention all the wonderful football we will be watching. Messi with De Bruyne will not be fair.
Messi and de Bruyne, the Little and Large of our midfield.

Just have a look at his stats from last season and not just goals and assists. Add into the mix he’ll have better players around him too next season and won’t be expected to do it all on his own. Yes he’s lost some of his pace but still far from slow.

Some of those situations where we are playing two banks of five, he would be quality in moving the ball in those tight situations and the ball sticking to him. We might get penalties on par with the rags.

Other thing he brings is a presence in the dressing room, we’ve been crying out for that since Kompany left. This guy demands it out of people around him.

Of course he isn't the player of 5 years ago but he's still got them magic feet, a turn of pace and can score a goal in a heartbeat.
He's box office on and off the pitch, we get him and we're elevated into another dimension.
It's a no brainer.

Agreed, he's a once in a generation player- you don't turn your nose up at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.