Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Messi not just buy his contract out if it runs year by year?
I have been wondering that too. I do not understand how you can have the Webster ruling and a release clause. If all players can buy themselves out of their contracts then what is the point of a release clause? Perhaps it is a mechanism that relates football transfer fees to wages. I believe Anders Herrera moved to United by buying out his contract at Athletic Bilbao. No one seems to know where Messi stands with his release clause so I assume that City and Barcelona would have to agree a transfer

The thing is that if the embodiment of Barcelona FC is not allowed the freedom to play for Guardiola to whom they also owe a debt, then Barcelona will be morally bankrupt. They would be a football club whom no one could respect or love. They simply have to allow Messi to play his last years for Guardiola. I am sure City can compensate them up to a limited amount. Go too far and the deal becomes impossible.

I have been wondering that too. I do not understand how you can have the Webster ruling and a release clause. If all players can buy themselves out of their contracts then what is the point of a release clause? Perhaps it is a mechanism that relates football transfer fees to wages. I believe Anders Herrera moved to United by buying out his contract at Athletic Bilbao. No one seems to know where Messi stands with his release clause so I assume that City and Barcelona would have to agree a transfer

The thing is that if the embodiment of Barcelona FC is not allowed the freedom to play for Guardiola to whom they also owe a debt, then Barcelona will be morally bankrupt. They would be a football club whom no one could respect or love. They simply have to allow Messi to play his last years for Guardiola. I am sure City can compensate them up to a limited amount. Go too far and the deal becomes impossible.

I always thought players after a certain age could buy their last year of a contact out abroad, what’s Messi on a year roughly? £60m ish?

Funny isn’t it how a number of Blue moon posters who had nothing to say when we scored 150 goals under Pellegrini, or when Pep arrived, or when we were cheated out of the champions league, or when we won the league with 100 points, or when we won the domestic quadruple, are suddenly motivated to say Messi won’t be coming even though (if reports aren’t correct) Messi himself has said he wants to come
It is but posts on Bluemoon does not signify being a die-hard. It’s not for everyone.

That's the Webster rule isn't it? Few players have actually used it as it's frowned upon in the football world although legal

Well let's kick the door to the weekend down, by providing a couple of big league frowns to the twunts at La Liga for a start

Looks like there will be 16,000 signatures today to get a no confidence against Bartomeu which I think would force him to stand down.

im confident Messi wants to come But I just don’t see Barca agreeing any deal, hope I’m wrong.
What kind of deal. From my understanding, they are not in the driving seat at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.