Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
50/50? more like 0/100.

If he wants to leave, he is gone. Barca are not going to keep a 33 yr old Messi on the side lines and have to pay him 1m a week and miss out of a potential 50m transfer/compensation.

Wonder if there are fans on a Barcelona forum saying 'let him rot in reserves for sesson' and 'make him train with kids'.

Barca was in financial trouble to start and now with the pandemic they won't have any stadium revenue. Bartomeu and the Barca board will have to pay out of their own pockets for any financial shortfall.

I think what's most likely is Bartomeau will say he tried everything to keep Messi, but will do a deal with us to get something in return and get Messi's wages off the books.
I think both sides recognise Barca need a huge rebuild and Messi isn't central to that.

I think both sides recognise Barca need a huge rebuild and Messi isn't central to that.

Probably a big part of why he wants to leave. Been there done that, got the rebuild badge. Not going to wait about carry a team in progress, doesn't have time to see his last few years in a team in transformation. Not when there is one pretty much ready made to win things that he can fit into.

I don't know if it's like this in the UK, but the press are going mad over here (for football) which is rare. Messi was the reason many of them started watching football in the first place. Even if only 5% follow football religiously, that itself is around 6 million fans.

The Asian market is huge for Barcelona (Messi), that was the reason why LaLiga started scheduling afternoon games for prime time viewing in Asia. If we could pull this off it would change the face of our club in the most populous geographical region forever. I just pray to Lord Ganesh this happens.

And it will be a fine change from all those "ManU" fans across the country. Half of my group supports United and can't separate Scholes from Giggs. And the entire Asian market is a division of Ronaldo (United fans) and Messi fans. This would be a massive boast in terms of replica jerseys, merchandise and screen presence.
Can't wait!

He is past it, and it is a potentially toxic signing. If City sign him it is desperation beyond belief.

Am soooooo happy,you dont have a say on things at the club like,pep,sorr,tixi.
You must no messi better than them 3...

First post on here but always popped in over the years. Better late than never eh lol Regarding the Messi transfer I am increasingly doubtful about it happening in this window. I say this window because I think January may be more likely because of how nasty this is all gonna get with lawyers due to this release clause. I just cannot see it happening this summer. Plus I wouldn't put it past Barca trying to cup tie him in the CL to screw us over!

Do you really think the best player in football history can be forced into staying without playing football for 5 months ?
If he is asked to play, do you think the club or fans will be happy seeing an unmotivated Messi in the team ?That's bad PR for everyone involved including Messi which is why it will never happen.

If this happens, it's this window or never.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.