Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren’t you the poster who was dead against us getting Sanchez saying he was past it? Proved right on that one tbf although feel you are wrong on Messi.

Messi is such a sublime finisher and so creative that even at 33/34/35/36 he would still be incredible in our team.
He got lucky on the Sanchez one due to him going to Utd who as always ruined a great player.
His form since leaving has been miles better and had he signed for us at the time I think we'd have seen a far different player than the one those gobshites ended up with.

I don’t doubt his best years are behind him and with anyone else you’d be worried. Put it this way, he is past his best, being past his best is still light years ahead of others....
I agree. Still better than almost everyone on the planet but if money's no object, I'd take a few players ahead of Messi. I think most people would do so. Who will win Ballon D'Or 2020/21? I would be amazed if Messi or Ronaldo are in the running any more. I suspect it would be Mbappe, Neymar, Lewandowski, or even Van Dijk.

If his game has dropped why is he still doing things no one in history has ever done before?
Because he is an absolutely fantastic player. His game has dipped and it will dip further and therefore I commit the crime of rating Mbappe and Neymar ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.